A "mystery" trackable quarantine safe

DarkSeahorse

Hello everyone!

Have you ever played Cluedo? This quarantine is definitely spoiling our favourite hobby :( ... So I decided to bring some exploration inside home creating a web quest. The quarantine allowed me to create an interactive version of Cluedo featuring facts, culture and curiosity about London. Like the original game, you have to reach the rooms to find the cards to exclude from your suspect list. The cards are hiding and they will be revealed if you manage to answer correctly all the questions. Like an interactive mystery cache/Wherigo. You'll also discover a Travel bug at the end of this adventure! I hope to entertain you a bit during this long quarantine. Stay safe!

You'll need to use your computer to play.

Feel free to share it! :D (it's muggles safe)

Sharon

Link: Cluedo - London

• Upvote 2
  • Funny 1

Isn't Geocaching about finding physical things in the real world? I'm probably wrong but what's the point of finding something in the virtual world, trackable included? Aren't there other games that involve finding virtual stuff in virtual worlds already? I need to start a 12 step program to help "I found something" people obsessed with finding "something". You found a rock? Great job, we'll add a number to your score.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, 31BMSG said:

Isn't Geocaching about finding physical things in the real world? I'm probably wrong but what's the point of finding something in the virtual world, trackable included? 

If you go back to the main menu, you'd see another similar. They have nothing to do with geocaching.  It's about Discovering a Trackable.

On "Virtual" Trackables, the Help Center says, "Logging trackables that you have not personally seen is strongly discouraged. It is up to the trackable owner to state if they allow this."

2 hours ago, DarkSeahorse said:

Hello everyone!

Have you ever played Cluedo? This quarantine is definitely spoiling our favourite hobby :( ... So I decided to bring some exploration inside home creating a web quest. The quarantine allowed me to create an interactive version of Cluedo featuring facts, culture and curiosity about London. Like the original game, you have to reach the rooms to find the cards to exclude from your suspect list. The cards are hiding and they will be revealed if you manage to answer correctly all the questions. Like an interactive mystery cache/Wherigo. You'll also discover a Travel bug at the end of this adventure! I hope to entertain you a bit during this long quarantine. Stay safe!

You'll need to use your computer to play.

Feel free to share it! :D (it's muggles safe)

Sharon

Link: Cluedo - London

I'll have to try on a different device. The one I'm using gets me nowhere.

55 minutes ago, 31BMSG said:

Isn't Geocaching about finding physical things in the real world? I'm probably wrong but what's the point of finding something in the virtual world, trackable included? Aren't there other games that involve finding virtual stuff in virtual worlds already? I need to start a 12 step program to help "I found something" people obsessed with finding "something". You found a rock? Great job, we'll add a number to your score.

You can still enjoy the puzzle created but don't discover the trackable online. Or log a Note.  That's what I did with the other puzzle trackable. I enjoy these forum puzzles. 

Edited by Max and 99
  • Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

You can still enjoy the puzzle created but don't log the trackable online. I enjoy these forum puzzles. 

Thanks, I've been baking south of the border for five days so thanks for the jolt. DISREGARD ANY AND ALL POSTS MADE BY 31BMSG PRIOR TO THIS! :D

Question, but I'll start another thread.

2 hours ago, 31BMSG said:

Wow, I'm very sorry for wasting your time.

What a great atmosphere here. It's just a trackable, not a cache, chill down.

Thank you for your time and encouragement. Here we're still in quarantine, since people are still dying. Which means we can't go out searching for physical caches.

• Surprised 1
33 minutes ago, DarkSeahorse said:

Wow, I'm very sorry for wasting your time.

What a great atmosphere here. It's just a trackable, not a cache, chill down.

Thank you for your time and encouragement. Here we're still in quarantine, since people are still dying. Which means we can't go out searching for physical caches.

No, you have my apologies. I just returned home after several days without internet access and found your post that I assumed was another attempt to log a find on a virtual object. Now that I've  solved your puzzle and your IP address that leads me directly to where the trackable is I'll gladly follow the path.

This game began with finding real things you can pick up,  stuff hidden in real, actual points on the planet,  places that were calculated with GPS  coordinates. Your puzzle is good but it takes me to a nether world on my computer where I can't pick up the actual object. All well and good for a basement dweller but what about people that want to get out in the sunlight, do something interesting, and sign the log of something that's not "virtual" that they can hold in their hand.

• Upvote 1

It took a bit of research, and used a good chunk of time on this Wednesday morning in "Shelter in Place"!  I visited London in the mid-seventies and would enjoy going back again.  Someday.

We play Clue (the American version?) with family  - similar rooms, same weapons, same characters, and this virtual version was fun, educational, and entertaining.  I especially liked the virtual gallery tour!  No crowds around the artwork either, I could look as long as I wanted!!

Thanks @DarkSeahorse, for the diversion!

• Upvote 1