interesting situation

Jayeffel

New cache's show up on geocaching.com okay. I have notification by email when a new cache in the area in published. But what is interesting is that quite often that new cache does not show up on thee iPhone app for a while, sometimes a great while. 

I usually look at the new cache description and see where it is on the "Directions" map. Very  helpful since I have no one to navigate for me, so need to know before hand. Anyway, yesterday I had that situation.  I looked  where they were and got a general idea. When I got to GZ for the first cache which did show on the phone, I got that cache . Then I looked on the iPhone for the second one which was close by. It did not show. So after a  bit of  "what do I do now" I went back to my email and found the notification message and used the URL link there. Found that cache and later in the day it did show up on the iPhone. 

Today I went back for two  new caches. that showed up after I got home-- took my e-bike with me- and the same scenario unfolded. I found the first one and the second cache was not visible on the iPhone app. I went to the email for the same help I used yesterday and could not locate  that message!. Well now what?  I played with iPhone app and used Location and it shows a list of caches-- the new one included! That may have been because I had looked before I think. Anyway., got that cache. I came back home after short bike ride. Ot still does not show on there iPhone app.

All that to ask , any ideas why? 

On the official Android app, I solve this problem by zooming out, then scrolling far away from the area so the app is forced to download other caches. And then, scrolling back, it reloads the caches again, now with the new caches loaded too and visible on the map. It's a bit annoying that there's no regular poll from the app itself to update the map, but this is an easy workaround.

• Upvote 1