LaG'ers Fantastic Fall Folly - OCTOBER 18-20

TJ Willy

Since Hurricanes seem to crash parties as of late, I decided to INVITE Kyle to our event this time. I gave him the following coordinates so he would be there and on time!

Don't forget Kyle... The event is at the following coords:

N 46.06363

E 118.32029

See you soon ol' buddy Kyle and we have a free shirt for you!!! (pay only shipping)

Phil

Just like last time I plan on comming on Friday afternoon. After a Brief stop at La Highest Geocache. I should be ariving at about 4:00.

So will anyone else be comming on Friday.

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal: a mind-bogglingly stupid animal, it assumes that if you can't see it, it can't see you - daft as a brush, but very very ravenous

quote:

Since Hurricanes seem to crash parties as of late, I decided to _INVITE_ Kyle to our event this time. I gave him the following coordinates so he would be there and on time!

I haven't had a chance to check the weather there yet icon_smile.gif, but the weather around here looks VERY promising for very comfortable camping. Perhaps Lili was a blessing in disguise?

Once again, looking forward to seeing y'all there!

alex

P.S. and to anyone that was following the La Chasser drama and didn't see -- it's alive. now it's just displaced. That, in and of itself, is a testament to ammo cans. icon_smile.gif

quote:

I have also secured us some firewood so we don't have to scout around. HOPEFULLY it will be enough.

Be sure and check the Louisiana Geocacachers Board/Forums from within the members section of the site.

I was thinking about that as I drove to work today. I could bring a LOT of firewood. It's literally piled up in the streets around here (Lili -- The gift that keeps on giving).

I'm going to scope some big piles of medium sized logs and drag whatever I can find along. Not too big as I'm sure it's not too dry yet. Probably won't be there 'till Saturday, however.

alex

I just thought I'd mention that I'll be coming up Friday after work (probably leave New Orleans between 3-4 if I'm lucky) So I'll likely only get there with a little bit of daylight to spare. I hate setting up tents after dark, but I can bring one. So what should I do? Bring a tent or what? Or can I bum a piece of ground from somebody? I'm only going to be able to stay until Saturday evening and then head back to New Orleans, so I won't be around Saturday night, but I hope to get in a couple local caches as well as whatever we're planning on doing as a group. I don't get up there too often lately and would like to put up some numbers on the proverbial CenLa caching board while I'm around.

quote:

I just thought I'd mention that I'll be coming up Friday after work (probably leave New Orleans between 3-4 if I'm lucky) So I'll likely only get there with a little bit of daylight to spare. I hate setting up tents after dark, but I can bring one. So what should I do? Bring a tent or what?

It looks like I'll be there Fri night also. The catch: I'll be there quite a bit later. Like "scare the campers" type of late. 8PM or so. icon_smile.gif I'll be hauling about 1/2 a truckload of debris^h^h^h^h^h^hfirewood with me also.

If you still don't have a tent, and I make it.. You're welcome to crash. I *do* have a relatively small tent, however. ?! Katie'll be up the next morning.

alex

We are heading to Louisiana on Friday as well but havnt decided whether we will camp or not that first night. Thinking that we might stop, bed down for the night, and win some money at the Coushatta icon_biggrin.gif. If we do come on through we should be there around 6 or 7. Either way, we'll see ya'll Saturday!!!

I'm going to bring a tent, probably enought tent for at least a couple people. Coming in Friday evening, if we need it, or if I get there early enough, I'll set it up. If we don't need it, maybe I'll crash in the car or whatever. icon_rolleyes.gif I'm going to be bringing 2 FRS radios, maybe somebody'll be able to show me how to use them. So, anybody got any ideas for food, I expected that it'd be everybody for him/herself, but I'll bring plenty- probably have enough to share.

Aaarrrggghhh.

Absolutely fantastic weather. A weekend of geocaching. Camping out in the woods. And I'm stuck at home. icon_frown.gif

Well, at least I get to spend some time with an old friend who's visiting. Otherwise, I'd definitely be with you folks. Have fun and let us know how it goes!!!

I was just wondering...

to the "powers that be" I read the description of the Saturday Night hunt, DA TUBE. Is there any chance that some of us "earlybirds" could attempt it Friday night? Or is it a group event? I'm not going to be able to stay Saturday night, but I'd really like to do the night cache. if it's a group thing, perhaps people could choose which night (with which group) they wanted to do it?

So whadd'ya say?

I'm going to be there hopefully before dark tonight (Friday), and let me put it this way... I've got some things up my sleeve, too. We'll have to decide what to do with them, but they should be fun. icon_biggrin.gif

Oh, and if anyone needs any AA NiMH charging, I'll probably remove the modular 12V backup power system (a.k.a. boat battery) from my car and run my charger off it. (I've always wanted to do that. icon_wink.gif)