Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
mty55

Changing distance to destination from Kilometers to miles

We were on our first Adventure Lab cache the other night. My caching partner and I both have Google Pixel II phones. We opened the phones to the app and headed off to stage 1. She asked how come my phone is reading distance in kilometers. Mine was reading correct in Miles. I search high and low could not find any setting to change this. I checked all the setting I could find on her phone and nothing seemed out of place. The Geocache.com App, Google Maps both  read in Miles to destination. 

20200426_204439.jpg

2 hours ago, mty55 said:

She asked how come my phone is reading distance in kilometers. Mine was reading correct in Miles.

No, no ;), miles is wrong and kms is the correct one :ph34r::D

• Helpful 1

Posted (edited)

This Adventure Cache is in NY state and miles is correct.   Km like Canadian money is worth approximately 60 % of American $ and miles.:D

Edited by Wacka
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Wacka said:

This Adventure Cache is in NY state and miles is correct.   Km like Canadian money is worth approximately 60 % of American $ and mikes.:D

I'm not Canadian. I'm just one of the majority who use kilometres. I know it's in the USA; I was only joking :laughing::).

5 hours ago, baer2006 said:

Did you check the preferences in the GC account?

https://www.geocaching.com/account/settings/preferences

There is a setting where you can select between metric and imperial units.

The setting is correct on Geocache.com website. The geocache App read miles. All the other apps on the phone read correct except the Adventure lab.

Just joking around that in Canada (about 5 miles away)  both units are about 60% of the corresponding units  in the US. I cacned with mty55 ;last month.

58 minutes ago, Wacka said:

Just joking around that in Canada (about 5 miles away)  both units are about 60% of the corresponding units  in the US. I cacned with mty55 ;last month.

Yes Wacka we did and had a pretty good day. Hope you have been out since, with all the boloney going on.

Was out Saturday doing two more by the same cacher on the same trail.  Got the info  set up for an Adventure Cache in the meantime.