Perpetual Loading Geocaching Message on GC App

The GC app no longer loads geocaches in map mode on my Android.

When the app opens up, the map loads, but a black bar at the top flashes "Loading geocaches.." every second without completing...

This pretty much renders the app useless, so thanks for ideas on how to fix this...

Screenshot_2020-04-24-18-25-24.png

Since we're already off-topic (this is the Website forum), I'll suggest trying another caching app that works well offline.  Pre-load the map for your area, pre-load some PQs, put it in airplane mode to save battery if you like, and off you go - just with like a classic GPS unit.

On Android, Locus Map is an excellent choice for offline caching.  For when the Internet just doesn't work.

• Upvote 1
  • Surprised 1
7 hours ago, Valkarie63 said:

Didn't hear back on if this was a bug or an operational issue, so uninstalled/reinstalled the app and it seems to be working now.

Cause:  unknown.

I'm willing to bet the app was failing to update cached files. If this happens again in the future, try my above suggestions. Though removal and reinstallation will effectively complete all of them.