Search for Adventures

Gill & Tony

I'm planning a trip  (Hopefully I will be able to take it) and for normal caches I can use PQ's and/or GSAK to find caches where I plan to travel.  However, I can't see any way to look for Adventures near a distant town.

Could I please ask the developers to a) include a search by location in the adventures app and b) develop some way to save those adventures which I would like to do and hide those I don't?

Ideally, (although I doubt this will happen) make adventures available via PQ's or make some way to include them in GSAK.  In any case, pleat let me explore adventures far from home

• Helpful 1
3 minutes ago, Gill & Tony said:

I'm planning a trip  (Hopefully I will be able to take it) and for normal caches I can use PQ's and/or GSAK to find caches where I plan to travel.  However, I can't see any way to look for Adventures near a distant town.

Could I please ask the developers to a) include a search by location in the adventures app and b) develop some way to save those adventures which I would like to do and hide those I don't?

Ideally, (although I doubt this will happen) make adventures available via PQ's or make some way to include them in GSAK.  In any case, pleat let me explore adventures far from home

On the adventure lab app I just pan to the city I'll be traveling to and explorer for nearby lab caches. 

12 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

On the adventure lab app I just pan to the city I'll be traveling to and explorer for nearby lab caches. 

That's OK if there's just one city.  I'm planning a trip to about 8 Major cities across Europe and the UK, so I pan around 8 times and then, having decided what adventures I plan to do, there's no way to save them.  There's no way to be notified of new ones and there's no way to be notified if one has been deleted/archived or whatever happens to adventures when they are no longer viable.

Yes, panning works and so does using a horse and buggy to get from Sydney to Melbourne - but neither are particularly efficient.

17 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

That trick might not work for the lab cache that are part of adventure that are spread over a large area. We have some province-wide adventures in my area and the stop in Halifax doesn't show.

2 minutes ago, Gill & Tony said:

There's no way to be notified of new ones and there's no way to be notified if one has been deleted/archived or whatever happens to adventures when they are no longer viable.

Yeah I really don't understand why Groundspeak continue to include more and more players when there are huge flaws to be corrected first.

The only way I know of new adventures are by the Facebook group...

10 minutes ago, Gill & Tony said:

That's OK if there's just one city.  I'm planning a trip to about 8 Major cities across Europe and the UK, so I pan around 8 times and then, having decided what adventures I plan to do, there's no way to save them.  There's no way to be notified of new ones and there's no way to be notified if one has been deleted/archived or whatever happens to adventures when they are no longer viable.

Yes, panning works and so does using a horse and buggy to get from Sydney to Melbourne - but neither are particularly efficient.

Apologies. I was trying to help.