Geocaching app keeps crashing

blazius

Out of the blue, my Geocaching Android app ver. 8.18.2 have started crashing on startup.  I am running in on a Samsung S7 with android 8.0.0.

• I have tried deleting the GC app data, this makes the app start, but as soon as I log in it crashes again.
  • I have tried reinstalling the app, nothing changes
  • I have tried rebooting the phone, nothing changes
  • I have tried deleting Gooogle Play Services data, nothing changes

Any other suggestions?

My account works flawlessly when I access it via a web browser.

Same issue. I have deleted the app, re-install, reboot the phone, still crash (this happen when interacting with the map, I can go in messages, in list of caches but when opening the map or opening a cache, the app is crashing and after keep crashing without possibility to re-open it again). This started like 20 min ago

10 minutes ago, Erie Scouter said:

AApp is crashing on start up

Try deleting the app data (under the phone's app settings for the GC app) and log in again.  If you can't figure out how to delete the app data, try uninstalling and reinstalling it.

On 7/14/2023 at 2:53 AM, helsbels98 said:

My geocaching app is crashing on iphone, exactly like explained above, nothing i do help, any advice? Thanks

Hi there @helsbels98,

We're sorry to hear you're experiencing crashes with the Geocaching® app. To help us best determine the underlying cause, please forward your request to contact@geocaching.com with the following information:

• Device model
  • iOS version
  • Screenshots or screen recordings of the problem

We look forward to hearing from you!

• Helpful 1