Kentucky PING

Guest gartho

so... this is who i have so far (not counting my crew)

koneko

cut.throat.red

krispy kremer

wcgreen

mr. wcgreen

mr hoy

mrs hoy (+ the littlest hoy)

Kytrex

Mrs Kytrex

Paddy

PapaBear

Mrs bear (plus two cubs)

possibles:

geokris

jogps

a solid 15 (with the littlest hoy and two cubs) people plus 2 for the possibles plus a possible 4 for my crew.

so anywhere from 15 to 23 cachers! whee!

i have changed the location within the restaurant from the herb room to the patio. (when you walk in the front doors, take a right into the bar and walk past the bar through the door to the patio. (yes the patio is enclosed and heated)

questions? comments? drop me a line!

'neko

The White Diamond Pirates

[This message was edited by the white diamond pirates on December 04, 2002 at 01:16 PM.]

Since this thread started about a year ago in an attempt to see who was geocaching in KY, I'm afraid SOME people who might be interested in our li'l lunch might miss it. I'm going to start a new thread called "Cental KY Geocache Lunch this Saturday." to pull in people who may miss the PING thread. I'll refer them back here to find out more.

~Greg

~ The Li'l Bears icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif from Lexington, KY

I know that the Pirates, Paddy, and I are planning to bring stuff. I'll be supplying the box, log, etc and some 'Bear' stuff. Please bring something to add, especially signature stuff. We'll be giving the final cache away for someone to hide (I think). Anyway, someone will take it to hide.

I'm also gonna bring a 'Do-It-Yourself Travel Bug Kit' complete with Groundspeak Tags.

Looking forward to meeting ya'll.

Greg (Poppy Bear)

Less than 24 hours from the big event. I hope the weather clears up, especially since we seem to have outdone ourselves on the caches icon_biggrin.gif. I count 12 new ones this week (counting the event itself). Not to mention the new one we're making and any TB's people will be exchanging. I put the TB on the event page since I'm giving it to joGPS to take back south.

Looking forward. BTW Jenn, it will just be ONE Bear. Everyone else will be away at noon-time icon_frown.gif.

nice to see you - there's an event coming up in lexington to discuss creating an offical organization on january 1st - look for the event cache on the list of new caches in kentucky - and look for the topic in this discussion forum if you haven't found it already =)

jenn

the white diamond pirates

I can't believe this thread is STILL going. Well for anyone in KY caching that's missed it... Show Me the Cache will be celebrating #1000 with an event in the Loisville area this coming weekend. The event cache is up now and is called 'Show Me The 1000th Cache' ... what else?

We HOPE to make it but are still unsure. 3 of our 4 girls icon_frown.gificon_redface.gificon_frown.gificon_rolleyes.gif are just starting to get over being sick right now. Fingers crossed.

Poppy Seed of

Hey all, just curious about how things are in the Land Between the Lakes area. My parents purchased a couple of lots up in there numerous years ago and I was recently given both of them by my mother after dad passed away. We were stationed at Fort Campbell years ago so I am familiar with it back then, as in the 70's.

I guess I need to know how the area has been developed and what I can look forward to if I decide to retire up there, and the more important question, how's the Geocaching???

Any online links that might lead me to more info would be nice, or anyplace I might get brochures, etc.

Thanks in advance,

Mac McKinney aka Breaktrack

icon_biggrin.gif

"Trade up, trade even, or don't trade!!!" My philosophy of life.

I'm about 10 minutes from LBL, which is now ran by US Forest Service. I have 1 cache in it and a friend has 1 there. There are about 6-7 caches in LBL. Lots of room there, 177,000 acres. Part of LBL is in KY and part is in TN. LBL is very wooded area. Serveral roads in LBL. Numbered roads are legal roads, non-numbered roads cannot be driven on and the USFS will warn you or ticket you if you are on them.

cdd2225