Kentucky PING

Guest gartho

Guest gartho

quote:

Show Me The Cache

Louisville, KY

Hey all you hillbillys.... :-) I have been working on some ideas for several caches to be placed throughout central Ky. It's one of my projects I have in my "when I get time file". Have any of you heard of getting business's involved in advertising and supplying nice goods for a cache? For example: Wal-Mart could have info on a cache they would sponsor in order to increase sells of the gps units they handle...? wadda ya think?...Other business's could be co-sponsors and supply some really neat trinkets for the cache. You guys give me some input on this and we'll see what happens.

Thanks'

------------------

The Thomas Family of Kentucky

Guest gartho

quote:
Originally posted by urbo:

what the heck is a PING???

a golf club? the sound the rocks make when they hit your car?

?????

Well Sir, if you honestly don't know...it comes from a computer term that basically means to send a signal in anticipation of a response, to check whether a certain person or persons are online. Originally it came from a sonar signal to determine if a certain target or object was present. Does this answer your question?

Gary

------------------

The Thomas Family of Kentucky

Guest g_penguin

I will be moving to Louisville between January and May of 2002. I would really like to meet some of the other geocahers in that area. I only recently started geocaching and look forward to being able to continue.

Guest g_penguin

quote:
Originally posted by me, maat & rijn:

We are very new to the louisville area.

Maat

Well, maybe by the time we get there, you can show us around.

gp

sounds like an event cache is in order. Hopefully by the time yall get up here we will be able to pass on our words of wisdom about the area.

Of course, any advice from the locals is always welcome. icon_biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by me, maat & rijn (edited 09 October 2001).]

sounds like an event cache is in order. Hopefully by the time yall get up here we will be able to pass on our words of wisdom about the area.

Of course, any advice from the locals is always welcome. icon_biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by me, maat & rijn (edited 09 October 2001).]

music to my ears...

my crew (the white diamond pirates) and i have been talkin about a very simple and easy (even possibly family-friendly) geocaching gathering at a local spot in lexington - maybe a fridays restaurant or something similar.

anyone interested?

'neko

the white diamond pirates

Friday through Sunday would be the best days for me and my wife. We could be in Lexington anytime. Mondays & Wednesdays I could be there anytime but my wife wouldn't be able to come with me. Tuesdays & Thursdays we could both be there after 6pm.

Set whatever day and time that is the best for all and I'll do my best to be there.

Thanks,

KYtrex

-----------------

A "Buckeye" is just a "Hillbilly" that ran out of money on the way to Michigan jpshakehead.gif

okay - lest try a saturday for lunch...

how about november 23rd.. too early? how about november 30th? too close to thanksgiving?

if neither of those work, lets shoot for december 14th.

say high noon at a restaurant in town called 'bella notte' (who doesn't like italian food?)

what sayeth all of yous guys?

'neko

quote:
Originally posted by the white diamond pirates:

okay - lest try a saturday for lunch...

how about november 23rd.. too early? how about november 30th? too close to thanksgiving?

if neither of those work, lets shoot for december 14th.

say high noon at a restaurant in town called 'bella notte' (who doesn't like italian food?)

what sayeth all of yous guys?

'neko

Nothing in November works. Dec. 14th works. Do you only want a lunch or will Bella Notte let you place a cache in their kitcher?

--

wcgreen

Wendy Chatley Green

chances are pretty good i could get away with it.. but there aren't that many good hiding places on bella's property. well, except for the dumpster. though i imagine there would have to be some good incentive in the cache for someone to find that one! *g*

so lets go with december 14th - anyone else?

'neko

I mentioned that date to my wife. She is checking to see if it is open. I'll let everyone know when I find out. I should know something by tomorrow.

If for some reason we can't make it, everyone else go ahead and we'll try and make the next one.

Thanks,

KYtrex

-----------------

A "Buckeye" is just a "Hillbilly" that ran out of money on the way to Michigan jpshakehead.gif

quote:
Originally posted by cut.throat.red and Krispy Kremer:

I don't know about the dumpster, but if we let the Li'l Bears hide it, it will be in the arbor above the main dining room and no one will be able to reach it.

We will be there, Dec 14 at noon. What party shall we ask for?

cut.throat.red and Krispy Kremer

I'll post the table's coordinates. If you need a hint, ask the hostess.

--

wcgreen

Wendy Chatley Green

wcgreen just told us about the lunch. Sounds good to us!

icon_cool.gif

Wendy mentioned it was on the 15th, but the thread seems more inclined to the 14th.

We will plan on being there if someone can clear up the date, and if no one minds a 4-month-old coming along. icon_smile.gif

Let us know the date, time, and coordinates and we will be there!

Nate, Melissa, and Mathea Hoy

http://www.nmhoy.net

I will have to see whats going on around here then but would love to come and put names to faces, and of corse EAT, something we miss a litte of on the hunt, besides I got to put a tape to wcgreen to find out long a wcgreen lenth is Heeeeeeee Heeeee Heeee............JOE icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Paddy Yenar:

If wcgreen posts the coordinates of the table as "_GPS accuracy at the waypoint was 42 feet_", does this mean the table will be in the parking lot? icon_smile.gif

No. It means that your table will be 8 wcgreen lengths from wherever I'm sitting.

--

wcgreen

Wendy Chatley Green

quote:
Originally posted by the white diamond pirates:

looks like lunch for 12 so far...

Are you counting spouses, friends, partners, et al? I'm bringing a husband. Despite 11 years of attending Internet-related get-togethers, he still worries that I'll run into the proverbial gang of axe murderers....

--

wcgreen

Wendy Chatley Green

Didn't think to look on this thread. I was looking for something that said ... Oh, I don't know, "Lexington Lunch". (grin)

We're in for 1 for sure, maybe 4 if I can talk Mommy Bear into it, and maybe 6 if the other Li'l Bears aren't away (they're scheduled to be).

Looking forward to it.

Greg AKA: Poppy Seed

PS: Woo Hoo ... I was first to log it ...Patrick!

~ The Li'l Bears [8)][8)] from Lexington, KY

Like I said before, it will be great to finally meet you all (I'm from NY so those are still 2 words for me icon_wink.gif).

I'm planning to hide 3 or 4 caches right around the meeting spot (within a mile) for people to hit in conjunction with the event. (That's not counting the micro in the tree above table 24.) I will hide them in the next two weeks but won't post them 'til a day or two before the event. No fair "Woo-Hooing" early.

~Greg

~ The Li'l Bears icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif from Lexington, KY