Help Center now has articles for Adventure Lab creators.

ktaylor211

Hello adventurers,

We are happy to inform you about updates to the Help Center. There is a new section all about the Adventure Lab app and platform. This includes articles for Adventure Lab creators. Here is the current list of creator articles; 

Creators

We hope this is helpful and we appreciate your participation as we continue fine-tuning Adventure Lab. 

Happy caching and Adventure on! 

ktaylor211

• Upvote 1
On 4/21/2020 at 11:52 AM, ktaylor211 said:

Hello adventurers,

We are happy to inform you about updates to the Help Center. There is a new section all about the Adventure Lab app and platform. This includes articles for Adventure Lab creators. Here is the current list of creator articles; 

Creators

We hope this is helpful and we appreciate your participation as we continue fine-tuning Adventure Lab. 

Happy caching and Adventure on! 

ktaylor211

Hi there, I have just downloaded the latest Adventure Lab Ap on my Android Tablet.  I have tried to test my Adventure on my tablet.  First of all I typed in the answer for one of my questions, and it said it was incorrect (it wasn't).  So I deleted that test in the directory.  I took the precaution of uninstalling the App and reinstalling it.  I scanned the QR code, which brought up the Adventure, but there is no longer a start point for me to go to any of the questions.  What can I do please?

Hi there, I have just downloaded the latest Adventure Lab Ap on my Android Tablet.  I have tried to test my Adventure on my tablet.  First of all I typed in the answer for one of my questions, and it said it was incorrect (it wasn't).  So I deleted that test in the directory.  I took the precaution of uninstalling the App and reinstalling it.  I scanned the QR code, which brought up the Adventure, but there is no longer a start point for me to go to any of the questions.  What can I do please?

Hi there, I have an Adventure Lab since October 2019. There were the possibility to download statistics. Now there is only a statistic with the number of the completed adventures.

Why it is not possible to download a statistic anymore to see who has visited the Lab?

Edited by Etaner7
  • Upvote 2

Adding to baer2006 comments.  As a creator, it would be nice to receive email when folks try my Adventure.  Just as I receive email notification when folks seek my caches.  That would allow me to know of problems with any of the segments.   

I would like to see Adventures shown on searches on the Geocaching website.  A different icon could be used to designate Adventures.  When I am at my computer and searching for geocaches, it would be nice to see if there are Adventures nearby.  The page would not show all the locations of the Adventure, like it does not show all stops for a Multi, but just the listed start point.  

7 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

Can an Adventure Lab have just one location? From what I read in the guidelines, the answer seems to be yes.

Yes, an Adventure can just be one location. For the majority of Adventures, we offer up to 5 Locations. But creators  are in control of how many they chose to use. 

8 minutes ago, memnosine said:

Hi:

I published my first lab cache before the deadline; can I publish another? (I have it reafy to go.).

I went to the app to see what it currently says about those who want to receive another credit, in case that helped you out. I accidentally applied for a credit when I thought I was just looking for information.

Have you requested a credit on the app?

18 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

I went to the app to see what it currently says about those who want to receive another credit, in case that helped you out. I accidentally applied for a credit when I thought I was just looking for information.

Have you requested a credit on the app?

There's no need (or point) to apply for a second credit, as they're allocated randomly to those whose first AL has gone live and met the rating requirements. This is what the Help Centre says:

We are selecting geocachers regularly from those who meet the criteria and are in locations we are targeting. We occasionally provide opportunities to receive additional second and third credits. There is no need for users to write in, these credits are based on a random selection (with geographic distribution) and will take place at least two times in the first half of 2021. If you complete your Adventure and make it Public by March 31 or by June 30, 2021, you have the chance to be selected to create an additional Adventure.

55 minutes ago, barefootjeff said:

There's no need (or point) to apply for a second credit, as they're allocated randomly to those whose first AL has gone live and met the rating requirements. This is what the Help Centre says:

You're right of course, but those just using an app will likely never see the Help Center information. They will see what the app says, "request a builder credit". 

Edited by Max and 99
On 4/21/2020 at 7:45 AM, baer2006 said:

I was wondering about the last line in the "Tips" section. It says...

Players can only write an activity log after completing all locations of an ALC, and locations which are unsafe and/or need to be updated (because the question can no longer be answered) would typically make it difficult or impossible to complete the ALC.

In other words: You can't log "DNF" or "NM" on an Adventure Lab, which severely limits the players' options to notify the CO about problems. In the app itself, it's impossible, and the workaround (look up the owner's nickname, manually search for them on geocaching.com, and contact them from there) is rather tedious.

Why a year later none of those issues has been corrected?