No Caches published in COVID-19 times?

womochri

I would like to maintain my statistics of caches pubished at each month of each year (e.g. for Jasmer type Challenges) however I'm struggling to find caches published within April 2020. Maybe this "issue" will arise for May 2020 as well. Any ideas to log a cache published in April 2020?

In areas where new caches aren't being published, that doesn't mean that caches aren't being hidden, and submitted for review.  I have many dozens "on hold;" other reviewers have hundreds on hold if no caches are being published at all.

If a person hides a cache on April 20th, is told by their reviewer that it cannot be published, and is told to re-submit when governmental health orders are relaxed, the fact that the cache was hidden on April 20th doesn't change.  So, it is possible that a cache can be published in [June] with an April "hidden date."

• Helpful 5
6 minutes ago, Keystone said:

In areas where new caches aren't being published, that doesn't mean that caches aren't being hidden, and submitted for review.  I have many dozens "on hold;" other reviewers have hundreds on hold if no caches are being published at all.

If a person hides a cache on April 20th, is told by their reviewer that it cannot be published, and is told to re-submit when governmental health orders are relaxed, the fact that the cache was hidden on April 20th doesn't change.  So, it is possible that a cache can be published in [June] with an April "hidden date."

Thanks a lot for this helpful information! This means that it's all about the "submitting month/year of a new cache" and not about the "publishing month/year". 

Let's see how the situation will evolve and how much caches with "submitting" month/year equal April 2020 will appear finally.

Actually, as mentioned this does not go on "published date," but it also does not go on the date it was submitted or even the date it was actually hidden (this is a date the system does not even know.). The date shown as the hidden date defaults to the date the cache page was created and it can be manipulated by the cache owner.

• Upvote 1