Detectorists (British TV show)

ArtMan

If a wife or girlfriend has ever rolled her eyes when you talk about Benchmarking, you might be interested in this BBC-TV series from a few years back. It centers on a couple of quirky metal detecting hobbyists who take their activity oh so seriously as they roam the scenic countryside around their lovely village. Their search for a big treasure payday more likely turns up a modern one-pound coin or a beer can pull tab than a stash of Saxon gold, and not everyone gets their passionate involvement in detecting business. I'm finding it a refreshing change from nonstop pandemic news. Also, no one does quirky like the Brits.

I've been watching on Acorn TV, but it may be available on other platforms, too.

Cheers!

ArtMan

PS: fans of the wonderful 1960s British series The Avengers will want to know that Diana Rigg appears in some of the later shows, but not in the first season.

• Upvote 1
  • Funny 1
On 4/18/2020 at 9:41 PM, ArtMan said:

If a wife or girlfriend has ever rolled her eyes when you talk about Benchmarking, you might be interested in this BBC-TV series from a few years back. It centers on a couple of quirky metal detecting hobbyists who take their activity oh so seriously as they roam the scenic countryside around their lovely village. Their search for a big treasure payday more likely turns up a modern one-pound coin or a beer can pull tab than a stash of Saxon gold, and not everyone gets their passionate involvement in detecting business. I'm finding it a refreshing change from nonstop pandemic news. Also, no one does quirky like the Brits.

I've been watching on Acorn TV, but it may be available on other platforms, too.

Cheers!

ArtMan

PS: fans of the wonderful 1960s British series The Avengers will want to know that Diana Rigg appears in some of the later shows, but not in the first season.

That sounds awesome!  I enjoy metal detecting and finding an old bent spoon or something, when the owners who let me hunt their yard expected me to find (and pocket) gold coins.  House owners then look at the old junk, and look at me strangely and let me hunt alone. :cute:

Plus I love Dame Enid Diana Elizabeth Rigg, DBE.  I’ve always loved seeing her turn up in shows, ever since reruns of “The Avengers”.

Edited by kunarion