GeoCaching Gear in Raleigh, NC?

Luggage & Leather

As an owner of a retail store in Raleigh, NC and someone who enjoys Geocaching, I was thinking of bringing in some of the geocaching gear to my store. Stuff like Travel Bugs and stickers. No T-Shirts since I don't want to stock clothing. No GPS's because my wife would kill me and my store wouldn't be the place most folks would look for them (but I could test out which is best honey!). Part of this is so I'll be able to get the items locally for myself icon_biggrin.gif. Would anyone be interested, or is buying them off the website good enough? Any special items you want me to stock?

Yep, that's me. I'm trying to figure out which things to bring into the store. My wife vetoed GPS's! But thought I might try TB's, and stickers, and if there's any interest in some of the other stuff like the compass or anything. Plus it'll give me a chance to visit with the local cachers since I have trouble going to any local gatherings. I'm still working out the details but will try to have it in by Christmas in case any needs to give someone a gift idea icon_wink.gif.

Sorry but after talking to the folks who sell them, I couldn't offer them at the same price you can buy them for direct without losing money. Anyone willing to pay more just to pick it up locally icon_rolleyes.gif? Yeah, I sure wouldn't. Wish it would have worked out differently, but they have some different plans coming up and it may change soon so I'll let you know if I can get them.

Although this is an old topic thought some may be interested. I recently bought a Garmin GPSMAP 60C and thought, "heck, if I bring them into the store I could get one at wholesale". :o I contacted Garmin and they told me I'd have to but at least $10,000 (wholesale) worth of their products, and sell at least $20,000 a year to bring them in. :o As a one store location if I could bring in another $20K a year I'd be very interested. :bad: But the chances of me selling that many GPSrs in my type of store is pretty slim. Sorry, :lol: thought I'd be able to offer some of the local geocachers some deals but it isn't likely to happen.

I'm not from around here, I was just doing some research for a road trip and stumbled on this topic.

I'd say that the price that you'd have to add on to make a profit would be the same price that a person would have to pay Groundspeak for shipping, so it might work out for some people.

Hope this helps..