Apr-May ISS Passes

8 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

Can we make this the place to discuss April and May ISS passes?

My May 17/18 with Spain is looking good but I haven't checked the shadow. 

May 18 a.m. Is looking good with Florida. 

Bon  Echo is my partner May 15, at 22:43 and 89°!

A new waymarker also has a great view that night, if I'm not mistaken, at 83°, but about the same time as Bon Echo so I can't be the partner. ?

We need help. I see a solid line for the ISS track all the way from us to Spain for a common pass. Max says it crosses the earth's shadow, and can't count, but that EVERY pass between us and Spain would cross the earth's shadow. Help please. Central Oklahoma May 17, 21:26; Brunete, Spain May 18 04:45.

THE LAST EARTH'S SHADOW BETWEEN NORTH AMERICA AND EUROPE SHOULD BE TONIGHT.

As near as I can tell:

May 15 pm-16 am - two passes are available 

Texas - 21:23 to Bordeaux, France, 04:44 to Sicily, 04:48. (I AM AVAILABLE AS A PARTNER IN TEXAS)

San Diego, CA - 20:59 to West Coast of Portugal 05:21 (bluesnote should be available as a partner in California)

May 16 pm - 17 am - One pass is available

Tampico, Mexico to Brest, France 03:55 to Rome, Italy 03:59 (I AM AVAILABLE AS A PARTNER IN TEXAS)

May 17 pm - 18 am - two passes are available 

Jacksonville, FL, 20:52 to Orleans, France, 02:09, to east coast of Italy 02:12 to Greece.

Oklahoma City, OK, 21:27 to  Madrid, Spain, 04:44. (Max and 99, and vulture1957 are available as partners in Oklahoma)

There will be other passes available in the near future for which I have not checked.

If you are within 200 miles (320 km.) of the flight path, you are probably within the 45° viewing area.

For one pass or another, the viewing area includes all of Portugal, Spain, France, and Italy. It also includes the southern part of Great Britain and parts of other Countries to the North and East. You will have to determine which Pass is within your viewing area.

19 minutes ago, 8Nuts MotherGoose said:

As near as I can tell:

Texas - 21:23 to Bordeaux, France, 04:44 to Sicily, 04:48. (I AM AVAILABLE AS A PARTNER IN TEXAS)

San Diego, CA - 20:59 to West Coast of Portugal 05:21 (bluesnote should be available as a partner in California)

Tampico, Mexico to Brest, France 03:55 to Rome, Italy 03:59 (I AM AVAILABLE AS A PARTNER IN TEXAS)

Jacksonville, FL, 20:52 to Orleans, France, 02:09, to east coast of Italy 02:12 to Greece.

Oklahoma City, OK, 21:27 to  Madrid, Spain, 04:44. (Max and 99, and vulture1957 are available as partners in Oklahoma)

There will be other passes available in the near future for which I have not checked.

If you are within 200 miles (320 km.) of the flight path, you are probably within the 45° viewing area.

For one pass or another, the viewing area includes all of Portugal, Spain, France, and Italy. It also includes the southern part of Great Britain and parts of other Countries to the North and East. You will have to determine which Pass is within your viewing area.

We got it figured out! One of us was incorrect. :)

I hope to have some great partnerships coming up this summer!

2 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

We need help. I see a solid line for the ISS track all the way from us to Spain for a common pass. Max says it crosses the earth's shadow, and can't count, but that EVERY pass between us and Spain would cross the earth's shadow. Help please. Central Oklahoma May 17, 21:26; Brunete, Spain May 18 04:45.

As long as the Sun continues to shine on and light up the ISS, the ISS is not in the Earth's shadow. It is actually above the Earth's shadow. During the northern Summer months, the north polar region is tilted toward the sun. The Sun shines over the north polar region and keeps the ISS lit all the way across the Atlantic. When the ISS reaches morning daylight, it is no longer visible and the viewable pass is done.

An ISS Pass from NW to SE in the middle of the night will still enter the Earth's shadow when it gets far enough South. The NW to SE passes in Europe that we work on are late enough they are being lit by the morning Sun from the NE.

Edited by 8Nuts MotherGoose
clarification.
15 hours ago, 8Nuts MotherGoose said:

As near as I can tell:

Yes,  I should be able to help tonight. So far, the weather has been partly cloudy but that should clear up. Anyone want to team up for tonight?