Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
T0SHEA

Legal Cannabis Retailers

3 hours ago, elyob said:

For the present, there would be no USA waymarks in this category?

Can't be - currently against US Federal law, therefore against Groundspeak Terms of Service.

Once the shine of the novelty factor fades away, we are left with a simple store category.

I have not yet come across a store category that has not disappointed even the lowest expectations. I think not even chain restaurants are that boring.

Then, the really difficult and ever-changing legal status in different parts of the world could make the category a pain to manage.

Just one example from here: currently it is not cannabis that is illegal here in Switzerland, it is THC. CBD cannabis with less than 1% THC is no problem. You can buy it in every single newstand or  supermarket in the whole country. Are they all cannabis retailers?

• Upvote 1

On 4/18/2020 at 10:25 PM, fi67 said:

Once the shine of the novelty factor fades away, we are left with a simple store category.

I have not yet come across a store category that has not disappointed even the lowest expectations. I think not even chain restaurants are that boring.

Then, the really difficult and ever-changing legal status in different parts of the world could make the category a pain to manage.

Just one example from here: currently it is not cannabis that is illegal here in Switzerland, it is THC. CBD cannabis with less than 1% THC is no problem. You can buy it in every single newstand or  supermarket in the whole country. Are they all cannabis retailers?

For a non English speaker, that was, for the most part, a quite cogent, well written summary, fi. Ignoring the single misspelling, I was reasonably well impressed.

On the whole, I feel that I must agree with your  assessment of the "proposal", in particular with regard to the "ever-changing legal status in different parts of the world".

I need not expand on your treatise. Given the known legal status of cannabis throughout the world, I also believe such a category would be, quote, "a pain to manage".

Keith

39 minutes ago, ScroogieII said:

Given the known legal status of cannabis throughout the world, I also believe such a category would be, quote, "a pain to manage".

Keith

But that will be someone else's problem.