New Map with property boundaries on Geocaching mobile app

I would like to see a new map (such as the Google one) added to the mobile app which outlines property boundaries. I am currently working on placing caches in an area of bush land where the boundaries and public property are really tight and I’m struggling to identify what is “free land”. I have to at the moment get coordinates from my gps, change them into DMS format, then cross reference them with a government map... it’s a lot when in the field on a phone. I understand that the geocaching website currently has a boundary map, but the app doesn’t. Thank you

45 minutes ago, Viajero Perdido said:

I'm guessing you're in "Oz", a long way from Groundspeak HQ.

Could you help them out and mention which map in your country shows property boundaries?

In my experience, maps with such detail are quite rare outside of local gov't websites.

Google maps shows boundaries in Oz.

Perhaps OP could print out a map of the intended area for fieldwork.

ETA the GC website map shows boundaries when zoomed in in "Browse Geocaches"

Edited by colleda
additional info
9 minutes ago, colleda said:

Google maps shows boundaries in Oz.

Perhaps OP could print out a map of the intended area for fieldwork.

ETA the GC website map shows boundaries when zoomed in.

I don't really trust Google maps for that (who knows where they got their information or how up-to-date it is?) so I generally rely on local council zoning maps which, for my council at least, are available on-line. SIX Maps, produced by the NSW government, also shows property boundaries and you can place a marker using decimal degrees or UTM grid coordinates.

1 hour ago, Viajero Perdido said:

I'm guessing you're in "Oz", a long way from Groundspeak HQ.

Could you help them out and mention which map in your country shows property boundaries?

Like other users have stated, Google Maps shows the boundaries of properties. The NSW Government has also made SIX Maps which is what I use and in places the two maps are different (with the Gov likely being more accurate) See attached for creek sample. The yellow tinted photo is the Government map. Notice how in the Google Map, the river does not follow the public property and it does in the Gov. one. Additionally, when “browsing caches” on the GC website, the map that shows boundaries is based around the Google Maps.

C61A9B73-ADA3-45D8-955E-6778E51E63AD.png

4B5CB59B-5838-4061-B877-72FB7CBFFB3B.jpeg

• Helpful 1