Geocoins 3D design

Losdelrio Team

13 hours ago, Losdelrio Team said:

Now I have considered making 3D or relief design but I'm not sure about the procedure so I would like to know some tutorial or tips to get on with it.

Mainly the same thing... but your design need to have levels, gradients and/or shadowed areas, so the 3D can read and give them different thickness. There's a rule... with 3D, no colours except for the metal plattings. But you can mix 2D and 3D in a single coin, also.

19 hours ago, RuideAlmeida said:

Mainly the same thing... but your design need to have levels, gradients and/or shadowed areas, so the 3D can read and give them different thickness. There's a rule... with 3D, no colours except for the metal plattings. But you can mix 2D and 3D in a single coin, also.

OK. Does anyone have a sample of a design to take a look?

Try changing color mode to LAB to make the greyscale.  It uses color temperature so you get MUCH better accuracy on your greyscale images for the mint.  Switch to LAB mode.  Command click the Lightness layer in your color separations.  Paintbucket white onto a new layer.  Add solid black under that layer.  Flatten everything back down and switch back to RGB.  Try a few different pictures and compare to a simple desaturate to see the difference.