Trackable is not working

Bigger-Dog

1 hour ago, Bigger-Dog said:

I just found a trackable but when I go to log it in it says "Sorry. The tracking number does not match for this trackable. "

What sort of thing is it?  A tag with a code?  A Geocoin?  A handmade item?  Some "coins" have numbers and letters that aren't Tracking Codes.  Don't try a code that starts with "GC", for example.  That's a Geocache (maybe a Mega Event coin), but look for the actual Tracking Code.

Some Geocoins have the Tracking Code around the edge of the coin.

Is that Trackable listed in the cache page's Inventory?  If so, somebody was able to enter the code.  

If the number is hard to read or has numbers and letters that may be confused, be sure to return to the Trackable Search page after each attempt to type it.  Otherwise you're on the "No results" page where no valid TB code will ever work.

Edited by kunarion
  • Helpful 2

My apologies for not being clear. I am new to this. This is a Travel Bug. I attached a pic. I also attached the link to the GC where I found it. If you go there and type in the code it give you the response, "Sorry. The tracking number does not match for this trackable. "

UPDATE" Did a seach and got this reply    No results were found for your search.

Here is the link to the GC

https://coord.info/GC5GGC5 

36 minutes ago, cerberus1 said:

Please remove the code from the post.  Thanks.  :)         It's a zero.   

Nice to see it made it.  It's been "missing" 5 years in someone's home.  

The still-active TO will be happy to see it's still around.

Which code if you dont mind me asking

1 hour ago, Bigger-Dog said:

Which code if you dont mind me asking

The secret tracking code should not be in view.  The photo should be deleted (or blot out the number so folks can see the item without the code).  It’s good to hide that code from all but persons who hold the item, if it’s meant to travel.

Try to conceal the code when taking a picture.  Then it’s easier to post a photo in a log, if you like.  

I take picture with a tracking code in view for my reference, to log it later.

Edited by kunarion