Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
ewenger

Deleted Caches in the Database

I am building a series of lists of all the caches still active in 2003. I came across a section in the database that the majority of the caches are deleted.  This section is from GCGPB0 through GCGPPZ.

Sounds like they were Unpublished Listing pages, that were subsequently Archived.   You would not be able to access those pages without some higher Admin Privileges, such as those that a Lackey or Reviewer have.

• Helpful 1

They are not unpublished listings. These numbers just do not exist at all in de database.

There are a few more gaps in the numbering; these occured when GS had some big problems with the database.

On 4/5/2020 at 6:55 PM, Kalkendotters said:

These numbers just do not exist at all in de database.

I have only looked at two examples in this range, but they do exist in the database, and they did not require lackey or reviewer access to find.

GCGPB1 was hidden in New York, USA, and was found 336 times before it was archived in 2005.

GCGPB2 is a virtual cache in Toscana, Italy, and is still active.

I'm not sure what method you used to put your list together.  It would be slower, but if you're trying to verify a specific range of caches by GC code, you can always manually search for a cache by its GC code by manually typing in in your browser:

https://www.geocaching.com/geocache/------

(replacing the dashes with the GC code of your choice)