dont get me startet on...

legomaxerl

I try to place a cache and there is a problem about distance to a mystery cache of wihich i dont see nothing while creating it. The map only shows traditionals. i also dont get the information where i can move my cache to? why dont the system shows everthing that is too close to the position? one of my friends also had the problem and speaking statistiks i think, that a lot of people must have head the same problem. why?????

So you're asking for the final waypoints of mystery caches, multi-caches, letterbox hybrid caches, and Wherigo caches to show up in the planning map? If that was done, it would spoil the locations and cache design of up to 672,264 geocaches.  Final waypoints for these cache types are hidden from view in the planning map. 

• Helpful 5
9 hours ago, legomaxerl said:

i also dont get the information where i can move my cache to?

In some cases a reviewer has given me a hint, for example, move the cache 10 meters to southwest. Sometimes the area is so saturated that there is no place for a cache. Have you asked a hint from your local reviewer?

• Helpful 2
10 hours ago, legomaxerl said:

why?????

Because if you were given the final coordinates to the other non-traditional cache types it would defeat their purpose. 

Every geocacher in the world is in the same situation. Search the forum and you'll find hundreds of the same discussions about your exact same question. 

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
10 hours ago, legomaxerl said:

I try to place a cache and there is a problem about distance to a mystery cache of wihich i dont see nothing while creating it. The map only shows traditionals. i also dont get the information where i can move my cache to? why dont the system shows everthing that is too close to the position? one of my friends also had the problem and speaking statistiks i think, that a lot of people must have head the same problem. why?????

You've solved or found two puzzle geocaches. You know how this works!

• Upvote 3
  • Helpful 1

Hello and good evening here.

Thanks for the tip with asking for a hint. i will try that

I would like to solve the mystery to find it out myself but that is not possible as i am not premium. and it is a premium cache

To the other arguments: i see the point, that the goal is to prevent cheating. ( i actually dont mind anybody cheating, if thats somebodys way of playing so what)

I did not ask for the final coordinates. i just would like to find the system of the shown map to find a away around the issue. and there sure are.

u know it is very annoying like for me and my friend we both picked a nice spot with the kids and it was a funny advanture. just so that i can tell the next day, that our new family thing impossible.

instead of giving the exact coordinates the system could make a distance marker in the map u see when creating a cache which is not the reqired 160 but somewhat around 200 with a inner radius of 40 in which the exact coordinates can be anywhere and the name of the cache is not shown.

that would be my idear. but there sure are others.

LG

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1
On 4/5/2020 at 12:25 PM, legomaxerl said:

Hello and good evening here.

Thanks for the tip with asking for a hint. i will try that

I would like to solve the mystery to find it out myself but that is not possible as i am not premium. and it is a premium cache

To the other arguments: i see the point, that the goal is to prevent cheating. ( i actually dont mind anybody cheating, if thats somebodys way of playing so what)

I did not ask for the final coordinates. i just would like to find the system of the shown map to find a away around the issue. and there sure are.

u know it is very annoying like for me and my friend we both picked a nice spot with the kids and it was a funny advanture. just so that i can tell the next day, that our new family thing impossible.

instead of giving the exact coordinates the system could make a distance marker in the map u see when creating a cache which is not the reqired 160 but somewhat around 200 with a inner radius of 40 in which the exact coordinates can be anywhere and the name of the cache is not shown.

that would be my idear. but there sure are others.

LG

I'd like to play high-stakes poker with you. I have a lucky deck of cards just for such an occasion.

• Funny 8

I'm wondering if there has been an increase in folks posting photos of the cache container in place at the cache location? I was away for awhile and I'm back and it seems the last 10 caches I have looked for have a photo of the cache in the logs. I find it distracting.

• Upvote 1
On 3/13/2021 at 5:33 PM, EdithAnne said:

I'm wondering if there has been an increase in folks posting photos of the cache container in place at the cache location? I was away for awhile and I'm back and it seems the last 10 caches I have looked for have a photo of the cache in the logs. I find it distracting.

Guess this might be a Getting Started issue you're insinuating that it's newbs doing this.  Low D/T hides that newbs can access mostly...

- But we see long-time players (some well before we started...) doing the same, and/or  held in their hand.

Some have been doing youtube videos/blogs showing container and location for a few years now too.    :)

35 minutes ago, cerberus1 said:

But we see long-time players (some well before we started...) doing the same, and/or  held in their hand.

Photos of the finder (or their kids) holding the cache are pretty commonplace around here and I don't see the harm if it's just a stock-standard container like a Sistema or a Bison tube and it doesn't reveal the hiding place, more so if the cache description actually says what the container is. It's a different story if it's a novelty container that's meant to be a surprise for the finders and I once had to ask a very experienced cacher to remove a photo of one of mine (which he did straight away).

• Upvote 2
  • Funny 1