Lab Cache Activity

vinyrd

On the Leaderboard page at the bottom of the screen should be a "Download completion statistics" button.

It's an XML file - so don't expect it to be formatted -- however, opening that file in a text editor/notepad/Microsoft Word/Wordpad/Open Office should show each of the stages that was found, by who and when.

• Upvote 1

This is what I get when I download

Title

the excel file, I'm looking for

Type

the cachers names

TotalCompletions

TotalParticipants

TotalStageCompletions

Connecticut Town Pounds Complete Adventure 3 6

Hebron Town Pound Stage 1

20 hours ago, CacheShadow said:

On the Leaderboard page at the bottom of the screen should be a "Download completion statistics" button.

It's an XML file - so don't expect it to be formatted -- however, opening that file in a text editor/notepad/Microsoft Word/Wordpad/Open Office should show each of the stages that was found, by who and when.

It's no longer possible to download data about the individual lab finds. See

Yeah completely stupid they removed those informations.

How can a lab cache owner can check if people didn't cheat? And even if they have cheated we can't even delete those bogus log.

Groundspeak tried to reinvent the wheel with adventure labs and broke a lot of stuff in the process.

20 minutes ago, Lynx Humble said:

How can a lab cache owner can check if people didn't cheat?

There's currently no way at all.

Before the information was removed, one could at least see if there's lots of cheating going on (e.g. by noticing logs of physically widely separated locations within minutes or even seconds). You couldn't delete the logs, sure, but you could change a few questions so that the cheating at least stopped until another finder would publicly post the solutions. I did that a few times on my own ALC. But now a Lab Cache CO can just see and watch the completion count going up, without any way to check how many of these completions were legitimate.

I can't say that I'm amused about that. In fact, that's the third time that I as an ALC owner, who wants to do something actively against armchair logging, have been deeply disappointed by Groundspeak. My ALC is currently offline anyway because of COVID-19, but even when that's over, I don't think I'm gonna activate it again.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the information. I have contacted HQ a couple of times on things that didn’t see, right and their response was their were working on a number of issues. 

I’ll send this question to them, just to let them know there’s someone else looking for it. 

Thanks again