Personal Travel bugs and backlogging?

Indigowolf13

I've seen these travel bug stickers that people put on their vehicles and have their geocaching name with them. When I look at the logs, they have been logged at every geocache that the owner has visited (even ones in places where a vehicle can't go). This gives the travel bug a high mileage and an awesome map. So, I was wondering if you had one of these, can you go back through all your previous finds and log the new bug as a visitor? I'd like to get one and would love for it to show a map of all my finds, but I am 700+ caches in.

1 minute ago, Indigowolf13 said:

I've seen these travel bug stickers that people put on their vehicles and have their geocaching name with them. When I look at the logs, they have been logged at every geocache that the owner has visited (even ones in places where a vehicle can't go). This gives the travel bug a high mileage and an awesome map. So, I was wondering if you had one of these, can you go back through all your previous finds and log the new bug as a visitor? I'd like to get one and would love for it to show a map of all my finds, but I am 700+ caches in.

You can.  I did, but it was before I had 700+ logs to do.  But what else do you have to do these days?

• Funny 3
20 hours ago, Indigowolf13 said:

The other 2/3rds has one on her Harley.  Every once in a while someone would think it cute to log her bike in a micro.  She fixed that...

I'd be wondering why someone would purposely do that too...   

If you really want to do that, sure you can.   But you can use any trackable, even a basic Travel Bug to do the same.   :)

We know of a few families that use trackables for their kid's cache finds. 

When they're old enough and want their own account, they know (by that trackable) every cache they found with their parent (for back-dating).

I did this when I was a couple hundred finds in.  Some were already locked, so I didn't get those.  I got the rest, and since then, I've visited on every find. 

I have a separate coin to track my daughter's finds, as she's 6 and can't have her own account.  If she wants to create her own account and log those old finds at some point when she's old enough, she'll know when and where they were.  If she doesn't, such is life.