Is this cache too dangerous?

rghermes

I voted it should be archived for several reasons.

First, and mainly, it's not a geocache. No GPS is needed - the placer described exactly where it was (Busch Gardens under such and such a camel) Secondly, I hardly think Busch Gardens gave permission to place it. Thirdly, it could be dangerous - there may be wires or moving parts nearby you may not be aware of. Fourthly, it could get your butt arrested for trying to dicreetly hide something under a ride! Of course, as with all caches, it is the finder's choice whether to pursue it. I was glad to see in the logs the general consensus was not to go for it. By the way, I am assuming that this is a large carousel ride in the amusement park. The 50 cent variety like you'd see outside Wal-Mart might be a little different story.

Ever notice everybody is willing to give THEIR 2 cents worth but only offer a penny for YOUR thoughts?

[This message was edited by pater47 on July 20, 2002 at 12:14 PM.]

[This message was edited by pater47 on July 20, 2002 at 12:14 PM.]

Wow, that was quick!

It wasn't my intention to get it archived. I just wanted an opinion from other cachers what they thought of this particular cache.

Jeremy, could you explain how this cache was wrong "on many different levels"? Just so we learn from this.

"I am umbilically connected to the temperate zone. It's brought me life. It's brought me love, I never have outgrown"----J. Buffett

[This message was edited by rghermes on July 21, 2002 at 12:48 AM.]

[This message was edited by rghermes on July 21, 2002 at 01:06 AM.]

I haven't personally seen this one, so I can't comment on how risky it was to get to it, but it does raise a question.

Should all caches at amusement parks be archived? (not counting virtuals, of course)

If so, there's a bunch of ones in Orlando that should be gotten rid of.