Volledige lijst wordt niet gedownload naar mijn GPS

Noortje66

Ik ben een groentje in het geocachen en probeer mij goed voor te bereiden alvorens op pad te gaan. Mijn probleem is het volgende.

Ik heb een lijst gemaakt van 105 caches. Deze (dacht ik toch) is gedownload op mijn GARMIN 750T. Bij nader inzien blijkt dat ik van de 105 caches maar 65 op mijn GPS krijg. Ik heb al ontzettend veel pogingen ondernomen. Zo heb ik al eens een andere lijst gemaakt en het zijn steeds dezelfde caches die niet op mijn lijst op de GPS verschijnen.

Kan iemand mij aub vertellen wat ik fout doe? Alvast bedankt voor jullie hulp en advies.

My understanding is that Garmin devices only show waypoints that are within a certain distance. Waypoints that are further away are still in the device's database, but they won't show up until you're closer to them. I recall the threshold being something like 50mi/80km, but I'm not sure.

• Helpful 1
2 minutes ago, Noortje66 said:

All of the lost waypoints are in the same area. Radius appr 5 km from my home.

I assume that you are zooming out the map to see the 5 or more kms away caches? If so: Set the map zoom levels accordingly:

Garmin -> Setup > Map settings > Advanced settings > zoom levels. Set the User waypoint level to 1.2 km or higher.

Hans

1 hour ago, Noortje66 said:

The checked waypoints are on my device. The blanks are not. Cheers

All caches that seems to be not loaded have D/T values of 2.5 or higher. It might be that you have a filter set on your Garmin. Release all filters. Refer your manual how to do that.

Re smileys: Hit the smiley icon in the above shown (whilst editing) formatting bar. :)

Edited by HHL