The Chief of CONTROL needs your help!

This is The Chief, head of the counterintelligence agency CONTROL, based in Washington D.C.

Geocachers and Waymarkers, the U.S. Government needs your help! About two months ago we sent Agents 86 and 99 undercover on a mission to track down a KAOS agent. News was that the agent was last seen in the Southwest, disguised as a University of Arizona professor of genealogy. It has been a little over a month since I’ve heard from my top agents, and I need your help. Knowing Max and 99, surely they left a hidden message for me, but even with all the resources at CONTROL we can’t find it.  Bruce and Lloyd have hacked into Max and 99’s account so we could send this message, but the highly trained duo cannot find any pertinent information on their whereabouts.

The first geocacher or waymarker who sends me the complete translated message will be awarded the rank of CONTROL’s 3rd best agent. Private messaging is required, and the Cone of Silence is my preferred method of communication. The first five geocachers or waymarkers who send me the complete message translation will each get a gift. You must state that you did not get help or hints from anyone. Please do not post any hints or spoilers on social media or here in the forums until Max and 99 are safely back at CONTROL HQ.

CONTROL appreciates any help you can offer. We need our top agents back! We are counting on you, geocachers and waymarkers!

The Chief

The Chief.jpg

Edited by Max and 99
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

This is breaking news from CONTROLheadquarters:

Agent 13 who has been in the field has reported to me that the KAOS agent was seen heading east from Arizona. 

The Chief

Would you believe......, I'm east of Arizona finishing parts to upgrade Hymie. if { "vf tbbq gb ivfvg nybat V-10 be fbhgu V jbhyq or tynq gb zrrg

{

else {fnsr geniryf!

}

Breaking News from CONTROL.

Since the U.S. Government has ordered all non-essential businesses to close, we may need to close our field office. I am waiting for clarification if the government is shutting itself down. We will cross that bridge when the time comes. 

The Chief.

1 hour ago, Max and 99 said:

This is The Chief. 

I know a lot of you are required to shelter in place these days. Family members are getting on your nerves. Put an end to your family feuding and work on some puzzles together. 

Finally!  How long did you plan this??

Edited by vulture1957

This is The Chief.

Congratulations to vulture1957 for decoding the message from Max and 99 and sending that information to CONTROL. You have been assigned the title of Agent #72 on the CONTROL roster.

Our top agents are now safe and being debriefed about their mission. The KAOS agent has been detained. Great job, vulture! You are now officially the #3 Agent at CONTROL. The U.S. Government thanks you for your service!

Edited by Max and 99

Good News Vulture! I Can Tell From  The "Waymarks" TabThat Someone Appears Close To Solving!

In addition to  Vulture's good hint, I'll add this: I didn't get help from anyone, despite what it may look like.  We were alone, undercover, and sent the message without any help from anyone.

Edited by Max and 99
Better hint.