ADD TO LIST function not working at all

YsOnes

I am unable to add caches from the map to a list. 

I am unable to add caches from the cache page to a list.  

In both situations I select the "add to list" function for the list of caches filtered to my area, or from the individual cache listing and all that shows is "add to new list". Which it also fails to create a new list, or offer me my existing set of lists to check which one I want to add it to.   

I have tested this in both Edge and Chrome Version 80.0.3987.149 (Official Build) (64-bit)

add to list bug 2.jpg

add to list bug 1.jpg

I can confirm this also in regard of saving the search results to a list.

I normally periodically search all my solved (mystery, letter, multi..) cached (ie caches with updated coordinates) and create a list, which I can upload to my GSAK and ultimately to my Garmin GPS.

For two-three days it hasn't worked, after Adding my (currently 905 solved not found enabled) caches to a list, the page just gets stuck with the circling icon which never stops. (Well, I haven't waited eternally, but a lot longer as compared to what it used to happen). 

Hopefully this gets solved soon as my "workflow" is based on keeping the GPS up to date.

list-bug.PNG

We are aware of the List issues and looking into them.

In the meantime:

The issues appear to be primarily related to the Select All button. If you only select individual caches, the adding to list should go through. As soon as you "select all" it does not.

If you slightly adjust your approach until we have a fix out, you should still be able to add caches to a List.

Finally. I thought I was going mad as no one else had posted. I noticed this on Saturday night Eastern Australian time. So it would have been early morning US time.
I have tried with WXP, W7, & W10 OS. 
I have tried with Yandex, Chrome, and IE. 

I have deleted my lists and retried. 

I have refreshed my cache. 

Will try the individual cache approach. 

Keep us updated. 

8 hours ago, Bl4ckH4wkGER said:

The issues appear to be primarily related to the Select All button

The issue also appears when selecting only some caches (whatever count is selected) to add to the list. What actually does not work is bulk adding caches at all.

Bulk adding caches via API access still works flawlessly.

Hans

Add my name to this complaint, been 2 weeks now and really slows down my cache planning.

Contrary to what was suggested earlier, adding just a few caches or only one cache (without using Select All button) does not work either.

Edited by GOJim
Addition

Not working for me too.  I thought I was doing something wrong.  Clicking caches one at a time does NOT bypass the problem.  I am able to add caches one-at-at-time to my list through my smartphone app... but this is laborious.  Please let us know asap about a solution.  Thank you.

There are various different places to add caches to a List.

What does not work currently, also not for a limited selection of caches, is adding them via the sidebar on the Search Map.

What does work is adding a subset from the "List view" before you go to the Search Map. This is where the select all button does not work.

Our engineers are working on it.

7 hours ago, ras_oscar said:

4/3/2020 15:56 EST just tried it again. It working now. I went to the map page, adjusted my filters, adjusted my zoom and clicked add to a new list.

Well. for me it is still NOT working, at least not, if I:

- go to the main page,

- click Filters,

- select my solved mysteries (ie mysteries with updated coords)

- click select all checkbox (upmost) 

- and try to add a new list,

it still keeps hanging forever.

7 hours ago, geoidhn said:

Well. for me it is still NOT working, at least not, if I:

- go to the main page,

- click Filters,

- select my solved mysteries (ie mysteries with updated coords)

- click select all checkbox (upmost) 

- and try to add a new list,

it still keeps hanging forever.

Same here, can't use the select all checkbox - for me, just over 300 solved with corrected coordinates.  

Still waiting for a fix.

3 hours ago, ras_oscar said:

i was filtering to select only caches i hadn't found, and were enabled. Not sure why it works for me and not for you. I just did it again with  new list.

Just wondering, if it could be multiple servers with different versions (but very hard to believe).

Or maybe something about number of caches (mine is a bit below 900 now).

I also re-run it now again with same (un)success...

As this was reported sometime ago, can anybody say when it will be fixed. I would have raised it earlier, but I thought it was because I was using Windows XP and old versions of the browsers. Today I tried on a Windows 10 laptop with latest chrome and edge browsers but got the same result hence why I started looking at the forum pages.

On the cache page, I put my mouse on "add to list" and it underlines, but nothing happens if I click on it. Then tried viewing the list and clicking the "add cache" button, but the next screen has a "add geocache" button which is grey and not clickable.

Looking forward to an explanation as to why this has happened and when it will be fixed!

As of yesterday 04/08/2020 "Add to list" from geocache page is not working.  It worked as of 04/07/2020. I am using Safari and also Chrome with Mac and neither of these work to Add to list. I have tried the function with any geocaches so it is not a specific geocache.  It also will not work from the Classic Map view (Browse Geocaches) to add a specific geocache to the list, but it will work if viewing from the New Map view (Search Geocaches).

While looking at specific caches I would like to add that specific geocache to a specific list.  Please fix this function as shown on the page.

854804848_ScreenShot2020-04-09at7_53_12AM.png.f79b13ab88c3054cbfb765fd00a0b6da.png2071015699_ScreenShot2020-04-09at7_54_10AM.png.c5be03561c8b4ff5826fcfd02a0fec52.png1043638961_ScreenShot2020-04-09at7_49_15AM.png.81a0cb6a21e776e3362d3a9fc26ac336.png

Edited by gjhimages
  • Upvote 1

Windows Firefox

Currently I can add to list from the list, by clicking the green + and entering a GC Code

I find no other way to be working, not from Search, Map or from the cache page, whether selected individually or bulk.

I find no way to add archived caches to a list.  That was working from the page, but now is not.

Adding caches to list via the API still working

1 hour ago, Isonzo Karst said:

Windows Firefox

Currently I can add to list from the list, by clicking the green + and entering a GC Code

I find no other way to be working, not from Search, Map or from the cache page, whether selected individually or bulk.

I find no way to add archived caches to a list.  That was working from the page, but now is not.

Adding caches to list via the API still working

That works but not when you are on the geocache page...

Hi, folks! Hope you're all staying safe and put. Update on this glitch: for me, using the Didn't Find It list generated from Your Geocaching Details on the website, I cannot add those - and I'm trying to do it one at a time - to a list I've created. I can manually enter each GC# into the mobile app and add them to the list that way, but (there are at least 50 to identify to qualify for GC2PBBP) it is quite laborious. 

Signal,

You suggested we make lists while stuck at home, but lists are not working very well right now.

Make everyone an explorer, and have an adventure at every location

When we say “every location,” we mean it, even at home. There’s still plenty of geocaching to be done when remaining indoors! From puzzle solving to planning, here are four ideas to explore geocaching at home.

1. Work on solving those challenging puzzle caches you’ve had your eye on.
  2. Dreaming of a future cache outing? Create a List so you’re ready to go when the time comes!

Not sure if this has specifically been noticed, but even using the (+) from the List page to add a specific GC code, the button to add the GC remains disabled, but pressing Enter to add the GC does work. So the underlying form submission seems to work (haven't checked the code, just assuming it's a form submission) but the programmatic button doesn't.

ETA: Correction - seems it does work properly, but I wasn't selecting the cache from the dropdown (or wasn't seeing the dropdown?). However hitting enter within selection the matching cache does still add it to the list without clicking the still-disabled "Add geocache" button. Just to clarify. Doesn't seem like a bug, just a bit of UI confusion. :P

Edited by thebruce0

Strange things happening here ... I haven't been able to 'add all' to a list from the search page for the last few weeks, only a maximum of about 20. Now I've tried again and was able to add/create to a few lists successfully :D However, it's no longer possible to add to a list from the cache page :wub:

On 4/9/2020 at 1:13 PM, GESAnderson said:

On the cache page, I put my mouse on "add to list" and it underlines, but nothing happens if I click on it. Then tried viewing the list and clicking the "add cache" button, but the next screen has a "add geocache" button which is grey and not clickable.

Same here.

On 3/30/2020 at 2:56 PM, Bl4ckH4wkGER said:

We are aware of the List issues and looking into them.

In the meantime:

The issues appear to be primarily related to the Select All button. If you only select individual caches, the adding to list should go through. As soon as you "select all" it does not.

If you slightly adjust your approach until we have a fix out, you should still be able to add caches to a List.

The above does seem to help, some, but it really has nothing to do with the "Add to List" function in the upper right of every cache page. This particular link does not work. The only way in which I have been successful in adding a single cache to a List of mine is to open the List, and use the green "circled +" icon on the right edge of the grey bar near the top of that List. I am hopeful that being this detailed in my description of the issue will be efficacious in finding a remedy.

Found out that via the New Map view (Search Geocaches) will not add any archived geocaches to a list, as it is archived.  The only way to place an archived cache to a list is via Dashboard, recently viewed and click the 3 dots on the right and Add to a list.  Disable caches can be added via the New Map view, but Archived caches will not be able to view or add to a list.  You cannot do this by the "View all" tab.  The reason for adding a archived geocache to a list is an older challenge cache that does not have a checker.

1201890783_ScreenShot2020-04-10at9_23_19AM.png.8eac311d1893864270caa31230c0072e.png

Edited by gjhimages
  • Upvote 1

My "add to list" is now working from the cache page. Even though I had "followed" this post and also put "notify me of replies" on my last post. I haven't received any notification of more recent posts. Also nobody seems to have put on here that it has been fixed!

However if i then refresh the cache and click on the list in "My bookmark list" it tells me

The List you are trying to access is private.

Yes it is private but it is my list - surely I should be able to look at my own lists! So problem not fully fixed!

Edited by GESAnderson
17 minutes ago, GESAnderson said:

My "add to list" is now working from the cache page. Even though I had "followed" this post and also put "notify me of replies" on my last post. I haven't received any notification of more recent posts. Also nobody seems to have put on here that it has been fixed!

Probably because it wasn't fixed until very recently. It wasn't working an hour ago, as I type this. Thus, the fix is very new, for which I thank whoever took care of it!

17 minutes ago, GESAnderson said:

However if i then refresh the cache and click on the list in "My bookmark list" it tells me

The List you are trying to access is private.

Yes it is private but it is my list - surely I should be able to look at my own lists! So problem not fully fixed!

I am not having this issue: I just tried several of my Lists, of all types, and I was able to access them all. Perhaps this issue has also been fixed: you might give another try to opening your own Lists.