Augusta, Ga or CSRA geocachers

Ron_2_point_0

Hello! I live in Augusta (by Patriot's Park) and am new to Geocaching. So far my partner and I have done 4 caches. Planning on a few more Sunday. We haven't run into any other people caching yet. I would be interested in getting a group together some evening to meet others in the area and compare experiences. Also, thanks for placing the Scott's Ferry Cache. It may be an aqua cache by now. The water level has been rising.

Hi RootDoc!!!

My husband and I live near Fort Gordon Tobacco Rd. area and we have done 9 or so caches so far. Do you know Doctor J? He and his wife(?)or girlfriend are going to go to the GGA meeting on the 11th but Ron and I will not be able to make it. Maybe once they get back from it we could all see about going to lunch or something and they could tell us all about it? What do you think? icon_smile.gif

Hi Penny!! Chaos looks so cute!! and smart too!! Just like my Derby...(actually he prefers to be called Mr. Derby Laurence Childress icon_biggrin.gif)

Ron and I will not be able to make the meeting b/c it is our sons birthday that weekend, but hopefully we can make the next one.. as per the previous post, we will see if we can get someone from around here to relay the info to us and then join at the next meeting...

Hello Jeep, Cpl. and Penny,

I would definitely be interested in getting together soon for a meeting. Doctor J and I work together at MCG. He is my caching partner and Topas is his wife. Doctor J and I are planning to go to the GGa meeting next week. It is a ways, but we are just starting and would like to participate in the state group. Will be glad to relay anything covered at the meeting with you. Doctor J and I are hoping to do 5 or 6 caches tomorrow around and above McCormick. Should be an interesting day!!! Will contact all of you again for a meeting. If you know of any others in the area, contact them for a meeting. We haven't seen or met any other cachers so far. We would also like to discuss placing some caches around the CSRA. Have a great weekend!!!

Thanks Root Doc, I will try to see if I can find any other cachers in the CSRA. I know that Megatech lives in Beech Island, I will see if he is going to the meeting and if not, will let him know that we will be getting together after the meeting here in Disgusta...(and also the guy that did the cache at the canal) Just drop me a line when you guys get back and we can see about setting something up. Have fun today!!! Ron and I did two on Saturday, Yellow slash and Land of Cotton. They were fun, except for the ticks!!!(yuck!!!) I think it would be good to set some more caches around here except that then you cant go find your own!! I disabled scotts ferry yesterday as well b/c of the water level, I wrote that it could still be used as a hydrocache, though. See ya, happy caching!!

Hey folks!! I just read the messages. I would definetly love to come to a meeting! I put put out the Bike the Canal cache. I would like to meet some fellow geocachers. Another person that I can get in contact with is Brules. I work with his daughter who also geocaches. He is in North Augusta I think.

Please let me know a time and place for a meeting.

Nice to meet you!!(sort of meeting you icon_wink.gif) Do you plan on going to the GGA meeting or do you just want to wait until RootDoc and Doc. J get back and they can fill us in?. Ive gone through the caches in the csra area and I will send all of them an email about this plan to get together after the GGA meeting. Any suggestions on where to meet or anything? Maybe Bobbys BBQ or something along those lines?

Count me in for the Augusta Meeting. The other is a bit too far.

I would also like to get together with a couple of people every once in awhile to go geocaching. I usually go with my dog Alley. My dad also comes along every once in awhile, and my wife isn't much into it... so it is usually me and Alley!

sounds good to me pat2run.. Derby usually comes with us, but he is fine with other dogs, so if yours is ok with other dogs we will be good to go. My husband and I usually go caching at LEAST once a month, but not much in the summer b/c its to hot. I have emailed the people who have set caches in the csra area and most are up for a get together after the gga mtg. The idea is for those that are going to the meeting to inform us of what went on when they get back, which is why we are waiting until after this weekend. Im hoping we can set something up here for the week to follow.

Bobby's BBQ is large enough to accommodate everyone if it is not too far for the Augusta people. It is pretty close to the middle of Aiken and Augusta for everyone and they have a variety on the buffet. We would just need to have a date and time and a general idea on number of people coming.

Count me in for the meeting. I don't really like Bobby's BBQ, but will go there if it is the place chosen.

Looking forward to meeting other cachers.

If you woke up breathing, congratulations, you have another chance,

Brules

Paddle more, be safe, find a lot of stuff,and live long.

How can you not like Bobbys? Are you really from the south?? icon_wink.gifjust kidding, Brules... I just think we should be closer to that area of town so that the Aiken people dont have to drive so far. What about time of day and weekday/weekend? I guess anyplace on Washington Rd. would be fine as well, like Famous Daves or is there a Chinese buffet or anything over there? I cant remember. Its nice to see so many people supporting an Augusta mtg. As soon as we decide on a place and time I will let the others know and we can get things firmed up.

Hello everyone! It is really great that we are getting so may respones from the group in the CSRA. I have no specific preference for a meeting place. I think it's more important that we just get together somewhere and put a face to a name. This is an important opportunity for promoting caching around this part of GA and SC. I also have some friends in Lexington, SC that cache and have placed a couple in that area. Several of you have already done that around here. We should be able, with proper planning, to increase the number of caches available here. After the GGA meeting we can pick a place and time and get everyone together.

A second point I would like to bring up. I have Mapsource Topo and Mapsource Roads and Recreation up for trade. I'm looking for Mapsource Metroguide. If anyone wants either, I'll save it for you. Just let me know ASAP. If no response, I'll post a note to the GGA group for this weekend. Thanks to all. See you soon.........

Hello everyone! It is really great that we are getting so may respones from the group in the CSRA. I have no specific preference for a meeting place. I think it's more important that we just get together somewhere and put a face to a name. This is an important opportunity for promoting caching around this part of GA and SC. I also have some friends in Lexington, SC that cache and have placed a couple in that area. Several of you have already done that around here. We should be able, with proper planning, to increase the number of caches available here. After the GGA meeting we can pick a place and time and get everyone together.

A second point I would like to bring up. I have Mapsource Topo and Mapsource Roads and Recreation up for trade. I'm looking for Mapsource Metroguide. If anyone wants either, I'll save it for you. Just let me know ASAP. If no response, I'll post a note to the GGA group for this weekend. Thanks to all. See you soon.........rnweller@att.net

Hey! y'all. It's good to see geocachers getting together for a meet/eat/greet in areas where there are no "formal" meetings set. I also see that some of you are plannig on attending the January GGA meeting. Great! Still not sure if I'll be there, it's an hour and a half drive from NE of Atlanta and I have commitments until noon. Anyway, I just wanted to make you aware that the www.ggaonline.org website has good information about forming your own group if your meeting grows to that. See you on the GGA forums, and happy caching

Jeep_Cpl,

You have gotten some great responses to your suggestion of a meeting in Augusta. Certainly count me in. I will be in Atlanta next weekend so hopefully it isn't scheduled during that time. I'm good for any restaurant. Thanks for making the suggestion and coordinating the meeting.

Doctor J

Ok everyone, I have gotten responses from about 60% of you cachers either via personal email or this thread, saying that Thursday is ok for most of you so I think that will be the firm date. How are we all goingto recognize each other? Should we all bring our GPS units and wave them around until we all congregate at one table or something?? Do you guys want me to bring "Hello, my name is ..." stickers? icon_biggrin.gif

Good morning everyone. If you look on the GGA discussion area, you will now find a CSRA Discussion Forum. I was talking with mtn-man at the GGA meeting on Saturday and he said they could add an area for us. They work fast!! Many thanks to the GGA Steering Committee for their help and support. If there is anything else we would like or want to change after our meeting this week, I'll be glad to contact them. See you Thursday!!!!!!

Wow Old thread! We're UOTrackers and are in AIken SC. We had a meet and greet in Aiken last month and are planning another one for June. So may as well ask here, would ya'll prefer another Ryans dinner out, mid week probably on Thursday night again. Or would anyone be interested in a weekend afternoon Ice Cream Social? I can arrange either or so please feel free to leave a message here or contact me dirrectly. We had a lot of fun last month and I think everyone was ready to finally have something to do in this area. I'd like to do this every other month or so. Post away!