How can I print all of my deceased father's logs?

2crows

Dad gave me his login information before he passed,  and I would like to be able to print off all of his logs in one document for my family to read. I'm a premium member with GSAK, but he was not premium as he hasn't been caching for a couple of years. If necessary, I will do it cache by cache, but I feel like someone here will know a better way! Thanks in advance if you have any ideas.

Shelley

Edited by 2crows
name spelled wrong

First off sorry for your loss Shelley.

I'm not sure if a basic member can generate a My Finds pocket query (I think not but I may be wrong), but if not you could consider paying a few $ just to upgrade the account to premium just for the shortest period possible. I think that's 1 month, at least I can see reference to paying monthly in the help centre, but otherwise 3 months and immediately cancel the auto-renew. For the $ it might just save you a lot of hassle trying to get the logs another way.

I'm not sure if maybe there's a way to get all logs for a geocaching account from project-gc.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, funkymunkyzone said:

First off sorry for your loss Shelley.

I'm not sure if a basic member can generate a My Finds pocket query (I think not but I may be wrong), but if not you could consider paying a few $ just to upgrade the account to premium just for the shortest period possible. I think that's 1 month, at least I can see reference to paying monthly in the help centre, but otherwise 3 months and immediately cancel the auto-renew. For the $ it might just save you a lot of hassle trying to get the logs another way.

Commiserations for your loss.

Yes, a PQ of his finds, dropped into a new empty GSAK database made for it,  then the macro HHL suggested will do the trick. In the past (no idea if it's still in the macro library) I used an old and somewhat buggy macro to produce a kindle friendly file (mobi is it ?) of my logs at the end of each year, but that was maybe 5 years ago  and it may no  longer work.

As for paying premium for just one PQ , I'd be pretty disgusted if Groundspeak didn't show enough compassion to either provide you with that single  PQ for his account if you asked , or gave out one of those one month free upgrades beginners can have in order for you to run the PQ . You lose nothing by asking, they gain some respect if they do the decent thing. Please let us know here what happens.

A basic member who has never been a premium member can request a one-week free trial by writing to Geocaching HQ through the Help Center.

But, if your father was a premium member years ago when he was an active geocacher, the account wouldn't be eligible.  If that trips you up, I recommend mentioning your special circumstances.

• Helpful 1