Both curious and irritated by List additions

hoges in wa

I have created a new list under "Lists".  I have given it a name.  It has NO caches in it.  The bottom of the page says to go to the Map.

I go to my map.  I select the area I want to go caching in and hit "Search Here".

129 caches come up.

I select them all.

Down the bottom, I try to add to a list.  I want them to go to the new list I just created, on the page which directed me to the map.

All I get at the bottom of the page is Create New List.

I don't want a new list.  I want them to go to the newly-created list that sent me to this page in the first place.

Even if I accede to this instruction to Create New List, it refuses to complete the task, simply endlessly circling.

What am I missing here?  It seems simple enough and the instructions are clear as can be.

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
39 minutes ago, hoges in wa said:

I have created a new list under "Lists".  I have given it a name.  It has NO caches in it.  The bottom of the page says to go to the Map.

I go to my map.  I select the area I want to go caching in and hit "Search Here".

129 caches come up.

I select them all.

Down the bottom, I try to add to a list.  I want them to go to the new list I just created, on the page which directed me to the map.

All I get at the bottom of the page is Create New List.

I don't want a new list.  I want them to go to the newly-created list that sent me to this page in the first place.

Even if I accede to this instruction to Create New List, it refuses to complete the task, simply endlessly circling.

What am I missing here?  It seems simple enough and the instructions are clear as can be.

I see what you're saying!!

I do know that if I select ONE cache on the sidebar and expand it to full screen, then Add to List from the right hand side of the page, I get asked if I want to add it to an existing list or a new list.

The system knows that the list I created exists, on the expanded page, but has zero clue if the caches are in the sidebar format.

It seems ridiculous to have a "Select All" button and "Add to List" when the only way it works is one at a time.  Not doing that for 130 caches.