hide a cache

mtkiska

8 minutes ago, dadrunning said:

Do Wherigo hides affect where I can hide a new cache?  These don't show up on the red circles on Hide a Cache page.  

The physical stage(s) of a Wherigo cache do count towards saturation, and will affect where you can hide a new cache.

• Helpful 2
15 hours ago, dadrunning said:

Do Wherigo hides affect where I can hide a new cache?

There is something that many cachers forget when using the "red circle map" to check if a place is free to place a new cache:

The map obviously can't show any hidden waypoints, mainly finals of mystery caches, finals and stages of multi caches, Wherigo caches, letterboxes...

So it's not only about the Wherigos, it is about any cache type with hidden waypoints. And there are many! So in fact, if your planned coordinate is inside a red circle you know that you can't place the cache there. But if it looks okay that does not mean anything - the place can still be blocked be any hidden waypoint not shown there.

Perhaps that should be more clarified, especially for beginners, as it might look as "absolutely okay" in a case where it is not...

Dadrunning, the simple rule is: anything that is physically attached (traditional cache, final container of a mystery or Wherigo, handwritten stage of a multi cache ....) does interact with any other physical thing of new caches. But as owner of 18 caches you should know that by now?!

Jochen

Hi everyone. I would like to join this conversation- it's not very clear from homepage instructions about how to get precize coordinates of the new cache. I am trying hard but every time when I put down coordinates N....E...., the map jumps to completely another place! I have read coordinate with "My GPS" app on the Iphone, entered them, but it goes to another ccountry compeltely ;(

2 hours ago, di_sing said:

Hi everyone. I would like to join this conversation- it's not very clear from homepage instructions about how to get precize coordinates of the new cache. I am trying hard but every time when I put down coordinates N....E...., the map jumps to completely another place! I have read coordinate with "My GPS" app on the Iphone, entered them, but it goes to another ccountry compeltely ;(

Are you using the right coordinates format Nxx xx.xxx Exxx xx.xxx?

Also please wait that the covid19 pandemic is gone in your area before hiding cache.

6 hours ago, di_sing said:

See the Help Center article: How to get accurate coordinates

24 minutes ago, zürgel said:

Hello everyone,

I handed in a new Geocache yesterday for a reviewer. I don't have any clue, how long it will take, until my Cache gets published. Could anyone help?

Lg Zürgel

In the UK no new caches are being published at the moment, but the Reviewers are each applying rules appropriate for their own areas.  There may be something on the local forum for your area?