Centennial Celebration

JoeyBob

Okay guys, how did it go? Just curious about the hoops that Triffid and Hawkeye had to jump through today. I did check this afternoon, and Hawkeye found the multi cache in Raleigh. El Diablo told me of some of the other things the guys would have to do, any chance of the rest of us finding out more details? icon_wink.gif

THANKS JOEYBOB! One of the most unbelieveable cache hunting days ... a full 8 hours for just the hunt .... I've logged it and Triffid will log it tonight ... but later I'll do a more detailed write up on my web page. I really enjoyed your multi-stage in Raleigh ... THANKS a MILLION! I loved the surprise in the tin ... smallest pistol flint I've ever seen ... THANKS. By the way ... email me your snail mail address ... I have a little trinket from Triffid and I to send you. Wish you could have been there for the food-fest and consumption of adult beverages and fine stogies!

Again ... thanks amigo ... we really appreciate all the effort that everyone put into it. Wish you'd been there ... but I'm sure we'll cross paths soon.

348_2702.gif

It was quite a day...for the hiders and the seekers.

The first cache they each had to find was actually on their vehicles, a well placed magnetic keyholder. It took them team work and communication to work that one out.

The 2nd stage for Hawk-eye was under a rock at the edge of a swamp. Not hard to find...but it had a little surprize under it for him. I was actually on the phone with him when he found it. By the way Hawk-eye, I don't believe the FCC allows that kind of language!

The 2nd stage for Triffid was a well place fake plant, but you have to get up mighty early to stump an old hunter like him!

The 3rd stage for Hawk-eye was a multiple by Joeybob. He knocked off the first 3 fairly quickly but when he got to the 4th and final he called me and said "There's nothing here but a big rock." After his experience on the 2nd stage he wasn't about to reach his hand in there!

The 3rd stage for Triffid was a fake rock. This one caused him some problems. It's my understanding that he re-arranged the entire woods around it!

The 4th stage teamed them up in Greensboro where they discovered a tuppeware cache about 25 ft up a tree with no logical explanation on how it got there (18ft golf ball retriever tapped to a 5ft hiking stick). We left them a pile of rocks to get it down. Niether of them could hit the broad side of a barn by the way. Then they searched the woods for a stick long enough to get it down. Their first attempt the stick broke and almost impaled Tiffid. So they did another search of the woods and finally found one long enough (totally missing the retriever left behind for them). After they got the cache out of the tree they found an encripted note that took them foreverrrr to figure out. Did I mention that we were across the cove with binoculars watching the entire show?

When they finally found the final cache placed in the middle of the trail (we figured their day had been hard enough) we greeted them with commerative beer mugs and their favorite ice cold beer to fill it with!

Thanks to Cache Hunter, Huggy & Joeybob for helping make this a cache hunt they will never forget!!

El Diablo icon_biggrin.gif

Sounds like you guys had to work for that one! I was going to make you work a bit harder for those coordinates, but El Diablo said that you had to get back to Greensboro in a timely fashion! Sounds like you had enough headaches to deal with. Glad to help out with your landmark cache. I will have to find this one when it becomes public. Ryan and I keep talking about taking off early one morning to head your way, we'll keep working on that schedule, and NEVER ending "honey-do" list.

So I hear that this was a one of a kind cache hunt. I'm jealous already. Joeybob told me about his attempt to foil Hawk-eye and Triffid. I must admit, that was a nasty snake, El Diablo. I'm sure that was a big big laugh. And putting a cache on the car? You are one of a kind. But, my hat goes off the Hawk-eye and Triffid for their accomplishments. I hope to reach that milestone here shortly. I can't say I'd want El Diablo concocting up some evil scheme for me. Well....now that I think about, the thought has crossed my mind...

I went to your web page and read the tale from your perspective, I love it! I'm glad you guys enjoyed the hunt. I assure you we had as much fun setting it up as you did finding it. I might have masterminded this, but the credit goes to my henchmen for their innovative thoughts. These guys were a great team to work with! I believe with the ideas that came out of this that Greensboro, Lynchburg and Roanoke will be the place to come in the future for that unusal cache hunt. Oh I forgot to mention, Raliegh....coming to your area soon!

El Diablo icon_biggrin.gif