St. Petersburg Times geocaching article

infosponge

Infosponge, GREAT article!!! With the recent attention the Orlando Sentinel paid Geocaching as well - there should be lots of Florida activity! Looking for that next meeting of the FGA and waiting for the logo so I can plaster the clingy things all over the CacheMobile...GREAT JOB and Happy Caching!!!! icon_razz.gif

Infosponge, GREAT article!!! With the recent attention the Orlando Sentinel paid Geocaching as well - there should be lots of Florida activity! Looking for that next meeting of the FGA and waiting for the logo so I can plaster the clingy things all over the CacheMobile...GREAT JOB and Happy Caching!!!! icon_razz.gif

Good article. Seems like the reporter did his homework.

quote:
Originally posted by bitbrain:

Hey, JamieZ!

I'll bet you're just the man to get the Commercial Appeal or perhaps the Memphis Flyer to write an article expounding on the benefits of Geocaching in the MidSouth...

BB... wow, thanks. Yeah, I bet the Flyer would publish a great article... but to be honest, I'm not sure I'd want to help promote geocaching with such a large media outlet. I think I prefer that new cachers simply trickle in as they each discover caching one way or another. A newspaper article might cause a flurry of new cachers... and then I fear we might end up with a bunch of lame caches and cachers who lost interest after a few months.

I haven't completely thought this all through, but that's my initial thought.

Jamie

Yep. I tend to agree with you, Jamie.

On one hand I think it would be cool if the word was out in the broader public and on the other I'd hate for it to be brought up in a County Commission meeting 'cause those idiots would try to find a way to tax it...

The number of local cachers seems to be picking up well on word of mouth and pure accident (the way I found it).

-'This river don?t go to Aintry. You done taken a wrong turn.'-