Burst of Activity in the MidSouth

bitbrain

Looks like Manicmechanic and Davewuzhere are really hooked on caching. I've seen some of those multiple find days posted by both.

With all the new folks caching in the area, I think it's time for another MidSouth Geocacher Gathering. Any of y'all have ideas for what we should do?

I think it would be good to plan something mid-week, so we'd have a chance of getting JamieZ to join us. Maybe invade a pizza joint or something.

We need to do it soon, so we can get Salvo there before he leaves town...

- If the cat had kittens in the oven, we wouldn't call 'em biscuits. -

Ok. I'm planning to post an "Event Cache" for December 3, 6:45pm to 9:00pm.

I believe the location will be in the Southeast Memphis/almost Germantown area.

I have to contact the restaurant to make sure they'll be able to handle a group. I'm guessing we might have 20 folks -- double that if Salvo's whole crew comes icon_wink.gif.

Any major objections to time or date?

quote:
Originally posted by bitbrain:

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Z:

Unless I get a date, I'll be there. icon_wink.gif

Jamie

Look forward to seeing you...

Am I reading this to understand you have no confidence in Jamie getting a date? icon_wink.gifI think that day may be a good possibility for me.

Visit the Mississippi Geocaching Forum at

http://pub98.ezboard.com/bgeocachingms

West Nile 7 is welcomed to join the party -- hope they don't make fun of my picture on Gangsta's Gold. Just gotta bring some Bling Bling for the Hot Wings.

D'bo's ain't gonna know what happened when we all show up in there. They said they had no problem handling a group, though. icon_razz.gif

I think it's about time to have another gathering here in Memphis, and maybe I'll actually be able to come. icon_razz.gif I like the idea of the Hot Wings cache... and since it's been about 6 months, how about making it a bi-annual event? Anyone else up for it?

Since Bit did the first one, I figure it is only fair to give him first shot at organizing this one too.

nonflashygif.txt

My skills are ferior!

Yeah, I hope. icon_biggrin.gif but really though Bugman gave me a tour of the Left Memphis caches last weekend and Bit and Bug and I showed up to look for Cactusjeep's GPS last weekend. They both seemed nice. They did mention some crazy guy named Chuck that would rather swim to a cache then take the trail or something like that. icon_smile.gif

[This message was edited by Chris&Cindy on July 11, 2003 at 12:58 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by Chris&Cindy:

They did mention some crazy guy named Chuck that would rather swim to a cache then take the trail or something like that. icon_smile.gif

[This message was edited by Chris&Cindy on July 11, 2003 at 12:58 PM.]

Heh heh... Yep, that sounds like me... You can check out the post in question that they are talking about here...

Besides the shortest route to a cache is a strait line! Who cares whats in the way! Thats my pholosphy!

[quote

Heh heh... Yep, that sounds like me... You can check out the post in question that they are talking about http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cachelog_details.asp?ID=92802&L=561794

Besides the shortest route to a cache is a strait line! Who cares whats in the way! Thats my pholosphy!

I will keep that philosophy in mind when we place our next caches. You might want to take a snorkel there, "straight line boy". icon_biggrin.gif