Entertainment for us Shut-Ins

16 hours ago, vulture1957 said:

To prove to the armadillo that crossing the road can be done

That is GOOD and that is Suthern, fer sure!!! Yall gets no less than 3 smilies fer that one, :):D:) as well as a "Thumbs Up".

But DAMMIT :mad:, I should have been able to make that connection - Armadillos, road, half shell. I guess the neurons just ain't firin' much anymore.

Got any more good Suthern ones??? I'd love to see them.

14 minutes ago, jhuoni said:

Hurry Hard, Tom.  Hurry Hard.

Or for those of us who are Corner Gas Fans.... Have A Heart!

A Texan  sitting watching Corner Gas - I just can't wrap my Canucky head around that...

... back to the curling.

Edited by ScroogieII
17 minutes ago, ScroogieII said:

A Texan  sitting watching Corner Gas - I just can't wrap my Canucky head around that...

... back to the curling.

I've been watching Corner Gas since it first came out in the early 2000s.  Now I watch reruns of reruns.  Last night I binged seasons 3 and 4.  

It's sort of like the Ginger vs. Maryann thing - Lacy or Karen.  Maybe even Wanda on a few episodes.

But back to Tom's questions about curling.  

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, jhuoni said:

Hey Keith -

When this is all over I am going take a trip to WULLERTON and see what I can find to waymark there.

When you find it let me know. I've searched all over Saskatchewan and have yet to spot it. ;)

Mebbe it's smaller than it's made out to be on Corner Gas.

5 hours ago, iconions said:

but ya' gotta have STONES to play it!

As in cojones?? We'd take that as a compliment. :)

Again, I have trouble wrapping my Canucky head around the vision of a Kranky Kansan, deep in his Lazy Boy, beer in hand and pretzels at the ready, watching Swedes or Canucks tossing stones at houses.

An Okie told me that she found a curling rink there, much to her surprise. I'm betting you could even find one in Kansas, if you looked hard enough.

57 minutes ago, ScroogieII said:

As in cojones?? We'd take that as a compliment. :)

Again, I have trouble wrapping my Canucky head around the vision of a Kranky Kansan, deep in his Lazy Boy, beer in hand and pretzels at the ready, watching Swedes or Canucks tossing stones at houses.

An Okie told me that she found a curling rink there, much to her surprise. I'm betting you could even find one in Kansas, if you looked hard enough.

Nah, I just watch for the double take outs and the Norwegian Men's sense of fashion.
...and just so you know - https://kccurling.com/ - it's on the Missouri side of town, but it counts since I am one of the fortunate ones to pay taxes on BOTH sides of state line!

Now, what if I know about The Brier and the Scotties Tournament of Hearts?  hmmm.....

18 minutes ago, vulture1957 said:

An Aggie pilot and his co-pilot that were flying across the Atlantic and discovered they were would not make it because they were running low on fuel. How did they lighten the load?

OOOOHHHHHH - this sounds like a tough one. Lemme ponder on this for a bit.

On 4/9/2020 at 11:52 PM, ScroogieII said:

Hey John,

What network are you finding it on? Not that I need to find it, just curious. I have the first 5 seasons on DVD. Somehow I never managed to get season 6.

It's on IMDB, through Amazon prime.

Canada also has access to an additional season of Corner Gas Animated.  

On 4/10/2020 at 5:24 PM, vulture1957 said:

An Aggie pilot and his co-pilot that were flying across the Atlantic and discovered they were would not make it because they were running low on fuel. How did they lighten the load?

I know this one - but will invoke my Fifth Amendment Rights as to not offend any group(s) of people.  

"The Texan stands up, opens the door and shouts REMEMBER THE ALAMO..."  

On 4/10/2020 at 5:24 PM, vulture1957 said:

They dump their remaining fuel to lighten the load.  - the key is AGGIE.

Did I get it?