Feature request.... Virtual online events?

lee737

1 hour ago, The Jester said:

I've used Zoom for a group meeting (not the host), but my understanding is that is can handle up to 100.

The basic (free) account can handle up to 100 participants, with a 40-minute limit. But the various premium (paid) accounts can handle meetings up to 24 hours long, and up to 1000 participants.

But at some point, I think it probably makes more sense to use a system designed for a one-way presentation, rather than a system designed for interactive meetings. For example, our church uses live YouTube streaming video for Sunday worship services, but uses Zoom for smaller meetings. And some of the smaller groups use Google Hangouts or other tools, because they aren't run by church staff who have Zoom host accounts.

21 hours ago, Crow-T-Robot said:

I have little experience with the variety of different software platforms (Skype, Zoom, Slack, Facetime, Snapchat, Facebook Live, etc) that could be used for hosting a virtual event, but would any of them be able to support a mass log-in from people around the country/world?

I was in a virtual happy hour "meeting" that we've been doing every Friday the past 4 weeks and mentioned that earlier in the day I was in a zoom meeting with about175 participants (only 4-5) ever unmuted to speak.  Someone else said that they were in a university wide meeting a couple of days earlier with 1800 participants.  Our university has been using zoom extensively.  Some are spending most of the day connected on zoom with various meetings.