downloading geocaches

muney4nuthin

If you have a cable for your Etrex to the computer-- go to Geocaching com. and using the search function , select the location,  ( for instance ClearSpring , Md.).). When the list of caches in that area show,  go to the upper right and select map thess caches or whatever terminology is used. A map will show up with caches in that area,. Select the cache  you want and stop.  On the page for that cache you should see "Download to Garmin". Be sure the Etrex is connected and select that Download to Garmin. You should then get in the car and go for it.

There may be better ways, and I am sure that if there are you will be notified. 

Edited by Jayeffel
change the we way I said at first to a way that should work.
1 hour ago, muney4nuthin said:

I have been a geocacher and member for a long time  I have been away for some time and now am unable to download caches right to my device, i have an etrex venture. they did away with the garmin download tool...what is everyone using now?

The current tools on the site only work with "newer" GPSs that accept GPX files directly. 

To load caches to the Etrex Venture, you may need to download the GPX file to the computer and then use helper software such as:

GSAK (You might not even need to first "download" a file)

GPSBabel

EasyGPS

If it's only one or two caches, you might save a lot of time by entering the coordinates manually.

Edited by kunarion