Bug while testing new Adventure lab cache

abft

Not sure if this is the right forum to post a bug report for the Adventure Lab app...

I'm currently test-driving a new lab adventure and stumbled upon the problem, that no answer gets accepted by the app while in test mode (although double-checked).

Way to reproduce:

• create new adventure with stations, questions, answers
  • select "test" in lab builder
  • scan this qr code, send this link to a different player, who starts the adventure lab app using this link

If I'm doing the test on my own, with the account that created the lab adventure, the answers get accepted. But that somehow defeats a test-drive, as I already know the correct answers :-)

Hello @abft

Thank you for providing this info. 

When experiencing trouble with Location answers during testing, it is most likely that your (or the other testers') Adventure Lab app has stored a previous test version and is not showing the latest test or final version.

Steps to delete test in app: 

• In the app, go to the Directory tab
  • Select ‘Test’ Adventure 
  • Swipe it left
  • (For full instructions, see page 6 of the Builder guide.)

Some additional tips for using the QR code for testing Adventures: 

• On iPhone, try scanning the QR code from the phone's camera instead of using a QR code reader.
  • iPhone and Android, make sure that you (and anyone testing) have downloaded the latest version of the Adventure app. 

If you continue to have trouble, please let us know and include which browser you are using, and what phone platform.   

Best regards,

ktaylor211

18 hours ago, ktaylor211 said:

[...]

When experiencing trouble with Location answers during testing, it is most likely that your (or the other testers') Adventure Lab app has stored a previous test version and is not showing the latest test or final version.

[...]

If you continue to have trouble, please let us know and include which browser you are using, and what phone platform.  

Hi ktaylor211,

thanks for your reply. I've double-checked the tested versions to be up to date - they were: Since the two beta testers' answers had not been accepted by the app, they were not able to continue the adventure, as I had set the locations to "must be in order". So I updated the adventure to lift that restriction, sent them the new link, and then they were able to move from location to location. But still none of their answers got accepted by the app, although they were correct.

Geofencing is not a problem, since that is disabled in the test version (works).

The adventure is now published, and works. So only the test drive is impacted.

I need to check which platform they are using. I was using the Android app, and for me as owner of the Lab Adventure entering answers in the test version worked.

Hallo Allerseits

Bin grade beim Entwickeln eines Adventure Lab Caches und habe zwei Fragen, worauf vielleicht jemand eine Antwort hat.

Die erste hat sich erledigt, da sie weiter oben beantwortet wurde. Wenn man alles löscht, werden die Antworten akzeptiert.

Danke für den Hinweis.

Die zweite betrifft das YouTube Video. Ich habe zu jeder Frage eine kleine Fotoshow unter dem Text integriert. Unter dem Text der

jeweiligen Station erscheint aber nur fast unsichtbar ein kleiner Pfeil statt eines Thumbnails . In dieser Form ist es möglich, dass das integrierte Video übersehen wird.

Ist das so richtig ????

Vielen Dank im Voraus52069191_InkedScreenshot_20200421-080250_AdventureLab_LI.thumb.jpg.b81a3a50151a0807f1f13c2e6ddde6c2.jpg

Hi there, 

I have read in your forum that I am not the only one who gets "incorrect answer" when testing my Adventure.  I have also given the link to a friend so that he could do a test run for me, using his Android phone.  We double-checked the tested versions to be up to date - they were.  My friend's  answers have not been accepted by the app - he tried several of the sites in the Adventure and all answers were given as incorrect.  I set the adventure so that it could be done in any order. But none of the answers got accepted by the app, although they were all correct.

He deleted the test, by going to the Directory tab, selecting the Adventure he was testing, swiped it left so that it was deleted.  I sent him the link again, he tried it again, still incorrect.

After putting so much effort into this Adventure, I'm keen to see it working.  What can I do?

Thanks wigglesworth.  I followed your suggested workaround. I uninstalled the app from my tablet, updated the adventure on the adventure build site, and re-installed the app on my tablet.  So no old test version lurking in the background somewhere!   Everything worked perfectly after that.  

On 4/21/2020 at 12:08 AM, WolfPetri said:

Hallo Allerseits

Bin grade beim Entwickeln eines Adventure Lab Caches und habe zwei Fragen, worauf vielleicht jemand eine Antwort hat.

Die erste hat sich erledigt, da sie weiter oben beantwortet wurde. Wenn man alles löscht, werden die Antworten akzeptiert.

Danke für den Hinweis.

Die zweite betrifft das YouTube Video. Ich habe zu jeder Frage eine kleine Fotoshow unter dem Text integriert. Unter dem Text der

jeweiligen Station erscheint aber nur fast unsichtbar ein kleiner Pfeil statt eines Thumbnails . In dieser Form ist es möglich, dass das integrierte Video übersehen wird.

Ist das so richtig ????

Vielen Dank im Voraus52069191_InkedScreenshot_20200421-080250_AdventureLab_LI.thumb.jpg.b81a3a50151a0807f1f13c2e6ddde6c2.jpg

I had this exact problem when recently solving an adventure.  We did not even see the arrow on the screen, and could not understand what the lab owner was talking about with regard to a video.  The arrow is FAR too light.  If it is not improved, we will probably not use a video in our upcoming adventure because of this confusion.

I am having the same problem as described above. ie in test mode, it is not accepting my answers to the lab I am creating.

I have studied all the above suggestions and the guide.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Adventure Lab app.

I have ensured I have removed any old versions of the lab on both the app directory and on the website.

I make sure I completely shut down the app before opening it with the test QR code.

I make sure I "Update Adventure" before creating another test.

I have tried with the lab set to both OFF and to PRIVATE (does this matter? In Private, it doesn't ask for me to get closer to the location, so I presume testing is ok in this state?).

Can anyone help with what I am missing here?