COVID-19

Since WE'RE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER, I feel that we might as well address the subject, as opposed to acting as though it may have little or no impact on the Waymarking community. I'm a senior with an already compromised respiratory system, so our present situation demands a considerable amount of my attention. Prior to the present, I had spent many hours doing preparatory work for a Waymarking friend in France who had planned a trip to western North America in August of this year. While I will continue to work on preparations, each day I approach the work with less enthusiasm, aware that, with each passing day, the likelihood of any of this coming to fruition diminishes.

So, given that the likelihood of the virus' affecting all of our lives in substantial ways over the next days/ weeks/months, even years, increases hourly, we might as well acknowledge its presence. 

I have no idea how the virus affects you today or how it may affect you in the weeks or months to come. Similarly, you have no idea how it may affect me.

I'll tell you my story - perhaps you'll choose to tell me your story.

I'm a retired senior, pushing 70, with lungs compromised by many years of smoking. As such, I consider myself a substantial risk of death with regard to "the virus". Given that, I consider myself, for the most part, to be in quarantine. Luckily, I had managed to stock up on substantial foodstuffs as the result of shopping "case lot sales" in local stores in February, as well as sales on meat and other items (read toilet paper). I take daily walks (alone), but try to avoid personal contact. My savings, plus my monthly income, at present quite healthily exceed my monthly expenses. Soooooo, I consider myself quite lucky with regard to much of the above.

I live in a small city in southern BC (the epicenter of the Canadian Coronavirus outbreak) on the Canada-Washington State (the epicenter of the U.S. Coronavirus outbreak) border. Think I'm stressed??? Well, yeah, a bit. :mellow: ... BUT not substantially.

To my knowledge there's no Coronavirus here, in this town, as yet. Though I have infinite faith in our healthcare system's abilities and capabilities, my personal situation tends to place me somewhat outside its capabilities, so I feel that I'm pretty much on my own here, with respect to watching out for myself. If I should succumb and go rather quickly, I'll try to drop you a note...;)

So, my first question of the "herd" is; Anyone here now working from home or in self-quarantine?

Keith

Edited by ScroogieII
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

All the libraries are closed

Ours just closed today - most of my reading of late, though, has been EBooks. I have three REAL books out at present but received an Email from the library today telling users not to "sweat the small stuff". There'll not be any late fees, "just hold on to the books" until normalcy rears its beautiful head.

OK, so Max checks in as number one on the list of "Working from Home".

Keith

PS - "Great idea for a forum topic" - Thanks 99. I knew It must be done sooner or later.

Edited by ScroogieII

Our son was diagnosed with a mental health issue at exactly the time that hospital-visit restrictions came into play during the SARS crisis 17 years ago.  I will forever live with the trauma of not being allowed to help our son through the most difficult part of his life because of hospital-visitor restrictions that may or may not have been relevant to the spread of SARS.  For me, the sense of panic today is very much deja vu. 

In normal times, he lives with stress 24/7.   Today, with the constant barrage of fear and panic all over the media and in our personal conversations, people like him suffer terribly.

I'm also in a funk because today was supposed to be the second day of a seven-day Waymarking adventure in Ireland.  I had devices ready to host over 3000 Waymarking images.  Instead, I'm home, asking myself, why do I have to keep hunting for bathroom tissue that we don't even need.

Thanks for the thread.  However, I was hoping to continue pretending that it was having no impact on my Waymarking self.

PS: I have to work from home but I cannot work from home.  I am a freelance researcher.  If I don't work, I don't get paid.  As of yesterday, federal institutions have closed to the public until further notice.  I cannot enter the buildings that contain the material required for research.

Edited by elyob
  • Upvote 2

The mandatory closing of businesses and restrictions on citizens reminds us of living in Redondo Beach during the L.A. Riots. All businesses ordered closed by 5, and curfew for everyone at 6. We were trapped by the ocean on one side, and the looters and protestors on the other. Our neighbor, a cop, insisted we take his extra gun, just in case. 

Elyob has a touching story relating to a situation reminiscent of that of today, one which many of us have, in all likelihood, already conveniently forgotten. I wonder how long it will be before this day, too, will be forgotten.

"bathroom tissue" - You sound like someone in need of a bit of venting. C'mon, you can say it. Just SHOUT IT OUT - It's A** WIPE!!! (asterisks courtesy of the  Groundspeak censor app)

Elyob checks in as the first to be adversely economically affected by "the virus".

Keith

Edited by ScroogieII
9 hours ago, ScroogieII said:

Prior to the present, I had spent many hours doing preparatory work for a Waymarking friend in France who had planned a trip to western North America in August of this year. While I will continue to work on preparations, each day I approach the work with less enthusiasm, aware that, with each passing day, the likelihood of any of this coming to fruition diminishes.

Hey keith
Don't despair, I always hope to come see you. You did a great job. For the moment my trip is maintained.

9 hours ago, ScroogieII said:

I'll tell you my story - perhaps you'll choose to tell me your story.

I am also an elderly person (not too old, 63 years old). I am retired (so no financial problems) and it is true that I am afraid with this virus. Since yesterday, the French population has been in confinement, but not total (with a pass, we can go get food). I am a little afraid because I have been asthmatic for a few years.
In France the epidemic is spreading, and some people still do not pay attention to others (it is unfortunately usual with us, respect for others is always difficult).
I hope that the situation will evolve in the right direction, and that our researchers will quickly find a vaccine.
In the small town in the north of France where I live, for the moment I have no knowledge of any sick person.
All of you are doing well, wash your hands, cough in your elbow, stay at home (when possible).

Philippe

• Upvote 2
19 hours ago, ScroogieII said:

So, my first question of the "herd" is; Anyone here now working from home or in self-quarantine?

Keith

Me. Because I can and anyways I am not very social. I am not in a group of risk. I am 54 and generally healthy.

However I have serious doubts about the general policy adopted in most countries under the advise of WHO. Not saying the fellows are morons, but they are focused on their field. Health. Just happens the world, I mean, human world, is something more complex, with many factors, and while trying to fix health with all our powers, we might be jeopardizing it long term by destroying other pieces which are needed to support the whole health system. 

I had a ticket to return home from Brazil, on the 29th March. That would mark three complete months of a trip through South America. I thought it would be wise to antecipate this and manage to change tickets, so I flew two days ago from Buenos Aires. That was the right thing to do. I guess if I waited two days more I would be stranded in the wrong side of the Atlantic.

Edited by Torgut
  • Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, ProTechCC said:

I'm amazed how many people are still out caching. I wouldn't go out and touch containers that could be contaminated with Covid-19 from someone who has it. I'm sitting this out and staying safe, wish others wood.

There is nothing to touch when you waymark, except your camera. 

• Upvote 2
9 minutes ago, ProTechCC said:

I'm amazed how many people are still out caching. I wouldn't go out and touch containers that could be contaminated with Covid-19 from someone who has it. I'm sitting this out and staying safe, wish others wood.

Went out today and found 10 caches. They weren't found for 3 days but I wore gloves to log them and on top of that we used handsanitizer (as in non-Corona times).

• Upvote 1

I'll be 58 on the 29th of March - yea me!!!  I've been working from home since last Thursday.  It SUCKS!!!!!  I'm trying to work on a small, single laptop screen and take ACD calls on my cell phone.  I miss having some human contact.  I am going outside during my lunch hour, if nothing else, to get fresh air.  The Kansas City metro has all restaurants closed for sit down dining, so drive-thru or take out only.  Grocery shelves look like a bomb has gone off - it's crazy.  I'm still just shopping weeklies - silly to be in a panic.  

My wife has Parkinson's and is 62, so she is in the "at risk" group.  We are just playing it by ear until stuff blows over.  Our "spring" trip is scheduled for the first part of June so I hope we'll get to go, if not, we'll plan for later.     

I lost a brother earlier in the year due to a ruptured spleen - I'm having issues dealing with his loss.  If I didn't have Waymarking to get out at least one day a week to go pet pictures, I'd lose my ever-loving MIND.  Waymarking gives me a chance to think about something else.  Last Sunday I drove down to a little town of Garnett, Kansas.  It hadn't been waymarked before.  I was able to get 140 pictures taken on Sunday on my drive in about four hours.  Not bad.  

Any way, everyone stay safe, and stay friendly to those that have to work during these times.  

• Upvote 1

My college decided to cancel on campus classes until at least April 10th, extending my stay home in California by 3 weeks. They added another week to spring break with two more weeks of online learning. I am not even sure if I will return for the remainder of the semester. My major, geology, requires a 6-week summer field camp that is to be completed at another university of our choosing. We need to accept and commit to one by November 2019 for summer 2020. If I wait too long, many fill up and will not be able to accommodate me. Luckily I had this already secured, but many of which have already been canceled including mine. I am on schedule to graduate this December and at this point I don't know if I will be able to. I am also required to take part in a year long senior thesis research project. Of which, I need to be on campus in order to complete it. 

As of yesterday, Orange County, CA (where I live) released a statement stating that all non-essential businesses (i.e. other than food, medical, utilities) and public/private gatherings other than that in your home are prohibited until March 31st. I am not really allowed to leave my home for the next two weeks other than food, so that means I cannot go geocaching or Waymarking. I am currently hunkering down in place.

My family owns a business and we had to close our doors for the remainder of the month. Traffic out here in SoCal is eerie quite, which never happens. Today is my actual birthday, and this is the first time I won't be able to fully celebrate it with a nice dinner with friends and family. But I understand that we are not living in normalcy and need to listen to health officials for the better of the community. There will be many more birthdays to come and I'll remember the time I didn't actually celebrate one.

This will all blow over soon and then back to reality. We will get through this. I hope everyone in the Waymarking community will stay safe and healthy during this time. Use your best judgement and listen to public health officials!

6 hours ago, Torgut said:

I had a ticket to return home from Brazil, on the 29th March. That would mark three complete months of a trip through South America. I thought it would be wise to anticipate this and manage to change tickets, so I flew two days ago from Buenos Aires. That was the right thing to do. I guess if I waited two days more I would be stranded in the wrong side of the Atlantic.

WOW! It seems you were quite lucky to make it home when you did!!!

And Torgut checks in as the FIRST to get home in the nick of time!!!

Edited by ScroogieII

Happy Birthday to Bluesnote. I expect you REALLY WILL remember this one, and for many years.

I'll also say Happy Birthday to Tom, the Frosty Alliums Guy, just in case both of us might not be around for another 11 days. :D

Looks like pretty much everyone here is "Hunkered in their Bunkers". If I felt inspired I'd mebbe write some silly, off-key poetry to entertain the troops.

In the meantime, though, here's another question for "The Herd":

Did anyone here go out and do any "Panic Shopping", buying (for example) things like 900 rolls of TP (aka AW), 7 cases of Mac & Cheese, a carload of beans, half a steer, eleventy 7 pounds of dehydrated milk, etc.?

Edited by ScroogieII
36 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

Tonight I saw on the news that one university he teaches at  has decided to have only online classes for the rest of the semester.

"Did you know that? Have they told you?"

" Nope. "

Go easy on him. He's doubtless too busy working up online classes to watch the news. But, then, that's what you're there for. :D

Edited by ScroogieII
5 hours ago, ProTechCC said:

Last weekend I went out into the countryside west of Canberra where I live and spent the weekend finding some caches. Only one cache had been found on the same day as I did, and that was one on the way home on Sunday closer to home. The  other caches hadn't been found from six days to  426 days. Most of these were not remote (some were on a busy highway) and I was not trying to find caches not found for awhile. In the future I will likely check when they were last found. I can also wear gloves. It is possible for me to go out caching and not meet anyone. Here are the days of each found cache between the last finder and me. As can be seen, on most of those there would be unlikely to be any virus. The 6s and 10s were on the highway, so I could improve the numbers by not caching on the highway.

10, 10, 65, 10, 6, 6, 6, 6, 10, 10, 21, 76, 14, 14, 14, 20, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 426, 61, 75, 65, 61, 209, 135, 43, same day.

11 minutes ago, ScroogieII said:

Did anyone here go out and do any "Panic Shopping", buying (for example) things like 900 rolls of TP (aka AW), 7 cases of Mac & Cheese, a carload of beans, half a steer, eleventy 7 pounds of dehydrated milk, etc.?

Nothing like that, but I grow a good proportion of my own vegetables. All the fruit trees have finished for the season, but I have shelves of bottled fruit for winter. Have jars of of home grown dried beans and corn too. My kiwi vine will have fruit in a couple of months (what the hail didn't take off). I don't live from day to day (can't imagine doing this), so I didn't need to go out and stock up hugely. I did add a few extra things to the pantry, such as 5 extra containers of long life milk and a couple of extra boxes of tissues. I also bought a box of disposable gloves, as the box I have already is getting low. Every 10 to 12 months I order a box of 48 toilet paper rolls online, so I did put in my next approaching order a bit earlier. So, if you call that 'panic buying' that was mine.

I have no idea what Mac & Cheese is, but I can imagine. You would have to be really desperate.

On 3/18/2020 at 5:00 PM, Goldenwattle said:

Only one cache had been found on the same day as I did

While research, as of yesterday, is still incomplete, indications are that Coronavirus can survive for up to 3, possibly 4, days on plastic and stainless steel, and 4 or more days on cardboard. Cachers, especially older ones, DO NEED to be CAREFUL while out in the field. Hand sanitizer now seems to be a necessary tool in a cacher's toolbox.

I misquoted the study I read - this is a correction: "On cardboard, the virus was not viable after 24 hours".

Read more about the study here.

Edited by ScroogieII
Misquote
5 minutes ago, Goldenwattle said:

So, if you call that 'panic buying' that was mine

Controlled Panic...;)

Anyone who doesn't know what Mac & Cheese is must live WAAAAAAY out in the "Outback". :)

And speaking of Mac & Cheese, I am now considering having it for supper today. But I do it more like a casserole, with onions, garlic, tuna, and mushroom soup. Barb would always tell me it sounded downright weird.

Edited by ScroogieII
  • Upvote 1

Hello All.

Unfortunately, I work in the retail world,   for THAT company.  There is no working from home for me.  Still working 40 hours a week, and I have about 100 hours of paid time off available.

I'm optimistic,  or should I say I'm in denial of the entire situation.  

John 

6 hours ago, bluesnote said:

As of yesterday, Orange County, CA (where I live) released a statement stating that all non-essential businesses (i.e. other than food, medical, utilities) and public/private gatherings other than that in your home are prohibited until March 31st. I am not really allowed to leave my home for the next two weeks other than food, so that means I cannot go geocaching or Waymarking. I am currently hunkering down in place.

I cannot verify the validity of this, but I just read the following about the CA "Shelter in Place" order:

The order also allows for outdoor exercise, “provided that the individuals comply with social distancing requirements”.

4 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

The order also allows for outdoor exercise, “provided that the individuals comply with social distancing requirements”.

Here, only food/medical is open and people can necessities. We are encouraged to go out for exercise but only with family members living at the same address + 1 friend ( they shouldn't allow that). Just keep social distance.

BTW, "carrying hand sanitizer from now on"? We do this for years, no need for a pandemic to do so.

8 hours ago, on4bam said:

BTW, "carrying hand sanitizer from now on"? We do this for years, no need for a pandemic to do so.

Unfortunately, for me there was need for a pandemic to get me to use a hand sanitizer. Prior to this month I don't recall using it more than once or twice in my life.

But then, I grew up on a farm in the '50s, where having dirty, grubby hands was the norm.

Well, I'm still not sufficiently inspired to actually write one, but I found this poem while looking for other stuff. I probably wrote it after that fateful day of carnage at Waymarking which resulted in breaking our posting streak of 1500 plus days. Some of you may remember it:

ODE TO Waymarking

'Twas the night before Christmas and all through the site
Things just kept breaking, I'd feared that they might,
The folks were all rapt in uploading their posts
In hopes that reviewers were generous hosts.

The snow kept on falling just outside my door
I ought just continue and Waymark some more,
For playing in winter outside in the cold
Is one of those things that too dear I don't hold.

But wait now, what's this, now where'd that post go?
Submitted in faith just a moment ago,
I search and I search, but it's nowhere around
Just one of those things which'll never be found.

I start it anew but then what do I see
My maps are now frozen, the page soon to be?
Reloading's my option I soon ascertain
While thinking this site is becoming my bane.

It's time for a break so I'll take some time out
Maybe check out the forum and see who's about,
But first I'll go over and peek at our stats
And see if we're worthy of more self congrats.

I open the page and then what should appear
But only a vestige of what was once here,
I reload and reload but always in vain
I fear there were things here I'll not see again.

I'd email a Lackey or someone with clout
I'd like to give someone there just a quick shout,
But then I remember that emails have gone
To that region below where the sun's never shone.

Oh, when will it end, this hellacious big wreck
It's really become the worst pain in my neck,
I'm old and infirm and my memory's goin'
How many more years I can Waymark's not known.

But really I have just a simple request
Of the folks who with knowledge of this site are blessed,
My wish is that we can keep upping the score
'til we've increased the stats to a million and more.

• Love 2

Here's what may be interpreted as a bit of good news, for some of us at least.

I decided to start recording the number of COVID-19 cases in BC. When I graphed the results for the last 9 days an interesting trend (or at least we can hope it portends a trend) developed.

Graph.01.JPG

Notice that the rate of increase, in orange, is beginning to decrease. This is just what we have all been hoping for. Now we just have to wait a few days and see if that really will remain a trend. I'm crossing my fingers and toes.

One caveat to note is that the spike on the 17th was caused in part by the BC CDC catching up on processing test results.

Edited by ScroogieII
On 3/18/2020 at 3:24 PM, Max and 99 said:

?. Happy Birthday!  ?

On 3/18/2020 at 4:54 PM, ScroogieII said:

Happy Birthday to Bluesnote. I expect you REALLY WILL remember this one, and for many years.

Thank you :D. Definitely one to remember for sure!

In the company I work for all my colleagues used to work from home 1 or 2 days per week (more was only allowed in certain situations). I always denied to do it, because I wanted to strictly divide work and home. In the very beginning of the crisis the company suddenly allowed working from home the whole week. I thought about going to work as usual, but sitting in the office all alone surely wouldn't have been funny. Additionally, Ingrid (the female half of PISA-caching) was concered and asked me to also work from home. So, I grabbed my laptop and since more than a week I also work from home and I agree with iconions:  It SUCKS!!!!! I have just my small screen on the laptop and I miss the fun I had with my colleagues.

Fortunately, we created a group on Telegram and keep in touch that way. Also, we are fortunate to live in a huge apartment building with a flat roof with grass, trees, benches, a pool,... So, two days ago, when the weather was perfect we spent some time on the roof. Apart from that we spend the most time at home. We're still allowed to go out for a walk, but most of the shops are closed and it's depressing to walk through empty streets. Yesterday, we heard that the rules will stay that way for at least the next 3 weeks. But there are also good news. In Austria, it seems that the most infected people are young enough to survive and the increase of infections is slowly decreasing. In Italy they say that the average age of infected people is very high, which is why they have the highest number of victims so far. I didn't vote for our current government but I have to admit that so far they do a good job. We get a lot of information and most of the people do what the government says.

Without corona we would start a trip to Belgium next week, but the trip was cancelled, as was our trip to Greece in April. That sucks even more!!! But I try to concentrate on the good things: All my family and friends are healthy. And, every day at 6pm people open their windows and applaud to thank the people who still work (medical workers, supermarkets, police, fire brigade, public transport,.....) and the all the people following the orders of the government. A few days ago, only 1 or 2 neighbours and we applauded, but every day there are a few more and yesterday it was pretty loud with at least 20 people applauding for a few minutes.

So, I wish all of you all the best. We will get through this and sooner or later we will travel the world again, work in an office and meet others. Stay optimistic!

• Upvote 2
  • Helpful 4

I was beginning to get worried when Andreas hadn't shown up. Good to hear that you, and Austrians in general, are doing OK.:)

I found another poem, this one obviously written immediately after the Great Waymarking Fiasco in July of 2015. It follows.

Edited by ScroogieII

Waymarking - BAH HUMBUG

My daddy told me long ago "Don't ever play with fire",
I wish he'd told me this instead, "Don't Waymark, it's a fool,
Who thinks that he will beat the place that draws up all his ire,
He'll just end up a sobbing mess and losing all his cool."

If I were smart I'd give it up, go out and find a cache,
Or, better still just close my eyes and have myself a snooze.
I find it more relaxing, though, to give this site a bash,
It's sure a fine intoxicant, and much less dear than booze.

I know they toil behind the scenes, in efforts to assuage,
The wrath that boils each time I click and pages disappear.
When half an hour's work goes south, there's just a little rage,
That surfaces and makes me ask, just why I'm sitting here.

I could be out, down at the beach, or even playing ball,
Or shooting pool with all the guys and having lots of laughs.
But, no, I sit right here instead, with problems that seem small,
When I compare them with this site's imponderable gaffs.

It oft' times makes me drop my guard when things are sailing smooth,
I'll write and type a tome, it seems, before I realize,
I've gone too far, I have to save, my nerves to calm and sooth,
It knows that it has got me now, well, this I theorize.

It dumps me deep in cyberspace along with all my work,
And all I did was click a box, it seemed so easy then.
The site's not right, it's got a bug, it's more than just a quirk,
They'll fix it soon I tell myself, but, honestly, just when?

The site is mean, it's nasty, and it borders on the cruel,
It trashes all my hard got gains and throws them in the air.
It toys with my emotions and it plays me for a fool,
It cares not what it does to me, it's just not playing fair.

Oft' times I'll think that this is just a temporary bind,
In future I'll be wiser and I'll ne'er again get rooked.
I wish that I could go away and leave it all behind,
But that ain't happ'nin' no time soon, you see, I'm truly hooked.

11 hours ago, PISA-caching said:

huge apartment building with a flat roof with grass, trees, benches, a pool

Any vacancies?!?!?! That sounds WAAAY too good to pass up on investigating.

Even though I've only been in my present digs for less than 4 months, I could stand a change in scenery. Not that I'm complaining, I like this town, but your situation sounds SOOOO MUCH nicer than mine. All we have in my building to compare with yours is the flat roof. :)

Here in my immediate environment it is quiet. I can still go to work, but I switched from public transport to bike (Something I had dreamed of imagining to think about starting to plan it for nearly two years, when I started this new job so close to home, .i.e about five kilometers, but with a really steep hill in between). Our offices are about half empty, mostly due to our French colleagues with little kids, so it's easy to keep distance. About 70% of my work I could do from home if absolutely necessary, but it's a PITA to develop complex web application solutions on one single notebook screen.

Schools are closed. It was announced Friday evening last week, on Monday morning first attempts were done to establish online education structures, on Tuesday morning, the kids were almost back to the normal schedule, they had even creative solutions for musical instruments and sports lessons.

So far everything has worked quite well, I'd say frighteningly idyllic, given that this was only week one of no idea how many. Ask again in two months!

• Upvote 1

Hello community
Now we have just finished our first week of confinement, it is not going too badly, I think that we will still be confined for a few more weeks.
I go out every morning, respecting the instructions, to go get my fresh bread (I know the cliché of French with his baguette under my arm), but I cannot imagine not having fresh bread every day .
For my purchases in the supermarket, I go there on Tuesday very early, to avoid the queues.
The day at home for a retiree is not very interesting, I clean my little garden a little (yes, small, 5mx5m), I do a little exercise (I have a house with 3 floors, so I go up the stairs several times), I live in the city center, and we don't see many people passing on the street anymore (so much the better, people respect confinement).
What I miss a lot is going for long hikes and taking lots of pictures, but it will come back one day.
Covid 19 is developing a lot in our country, and I am a little afraid for my children and grandchildren, as well as for my mother who is 84 years old and who is alone at home.
To occupy myself I sort my photos, to see if I have not forgotten waymarks, strongly the end of this epidemic.
You are all doing well, be careful.
Philippe

• Upvote 1
On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2020 at 10:37 PM, ScroogieII said:

Any vacancies?!?!?! That sounds WAAAY too good to pass up on investigating.

Even though I've only been in my present digs for less than 4 months, I could stand a change in scenery. Not that I'm complaining, I like this town, but your situation sounds SOOOO MUCH nicer than mine. All we have in my building to compare with yours is the flat roof. :)

I'm afraid that the answer is no. :-)

We've been living in this house for more than 20 years, but hardly used the flat roof. When the weather is fine, there are way too many people up there. About 250 apartments, lots of people, lots of kids, lots of noise. One of the few occasions where we enjoy being there is New Years Eve. The fireworks that some people start on our roof and the many fireworks around are great to watch. However, nowadays there are only a few people up there and they all keep a distance. But maybe we will use it a little more when the crisis is over.

17 hours ago, elyob said:

social distancing

Trying to figure this out. If I post right next to (as in immediately below) your post, would that be too close to be a socially acceptable distance?

Just occurred to me - mebbe if I include several blank lines that would separate us sufficiently.

:)

And now a change of subject to take our minds off the pandemic:

Several weeks (maybe even months ago) I suggested that overdrive.com purchase a specific EBook. It arrived 2 days ago so I've been binge reading for 2 days and am only 46% through it. Good timing (the book's arrival) for someone in isolation.

46 minutes ago, ScroogieII said:

Several weeks (maybe even months ago) I suggested that overdrive.com purchase a specific EBook. It arrived 2 days ago so I've been binge reading for 2 days and am only 46% through it. Good timing (the book's arrival) for someone in isolation.

My skill set means I get free books for life. I will never run out of reading material. I have lots to choose from during the pandemic. 

2 hours ago, ScroogieII said:

Here's something. When I try to look up Scroogiell from the Profile Page, it says "User Unknown". Can anyone else search for him successfully? Am I missing something in my typing>

Edited by vulture1957