ALC credits awarded twice

Tungstène

Hi,

I received a mail from the HQ a few minutes ago. It says I was awarded 5 locations.

Selection is based in part on the following criteria:

• An active Premium membership
  • Subscribed to marketing emails 
  • Does not have a current credit or active Adventure (a “credit” gives access to the Adventure Lab Builder to create an Adventure, with up to 5 locations) 
  • Is active and has found Adventure Lab Caches

These credits have to be used before August 31.

The problem is that I already was awarded 5 locations a few weeks ago (contradicting quoted rule #3), because I applied to it and was chosen. The credits then were to be used before May 1st.

The builder confirms I only have 1 credit. I would like to know what will happen after May 1st if my ALC isn't ready then.

Congratulations! We made an error in the last round of distributing Adventures so you do indeed have two sets of Adventures that you could choose to create. We have corrected the error so it shouldn't happen in the future. We may remove credits that are not used, after the deadline passes. But in your case you would have an additional credit available to use. 

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1

@Frau Potter, can you please explain how the “Adventure credits” actually work, as I'm confused over them.

End of October 2019, I got the mail from Geocaching HQ that I was chosen to create and publish an Adventure Lab. No idea if the adventure credits actually showed “1” then, but I could create the adventure lab without problems. By the time I was creating and almost ready to publish the ALC (sometime mid-January), the adventure credits were set to “0”. But I could still keep on building the ALC like I could before. I just wasn't sure I was able to publish the ALC with credits set to “0”. After contacting HQ over this, the credits were set to “1” again.

I've published my ALC on February 29, and it's live without problems. However, the adventure credits now remain set at “1”. A quick test showed like I am actually able to build another ALC at the moment - and I sure would love to do that.

Now does all this mean I can actually build and publish another ALC now, with the first one being live already? Or am I misunderstanding what the actual meaning is of having “1 adventure credits”? Please enlighten me. Thank you!

Edited by NLBokkie
11 hours ago, Tungstène said:

Thank you @Frau Potter

Oops. It turns out I didn't have current information. You actually have one credit and our mistake was in sending the 2nd email, making it appear as if you had a 2nd credit. So officially you still have the first credit and the deadline is May 1, 2020. If you are unable to meet that deadline, you can request an extension by writing to us via Help Center (choose Adventure Lab at the end of the list): https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=request

1 hour ago, ElmsFam said:

I am publishing my first AL tommarrow and am wondering if you can get a second credit? Thanks!

The opportunity for a second credit is a random selection. If you have completed creating your Adventure by December 15, 2020, you have the chance to be selected to create a second Adventure. Geocaching HQ will randomly select at least 500 creators (with geographic distribution) to receive a second Adventure Lab credit. There is no need for users to write in to request a second credit. It is a random selection. 

5 hours ago, Frau Potter said:

The opportunity for a second credit is a random selection. If you have completed creating your Adventure by December 15, 2020, you have the chance to be selected to create a second Adventure. Geocaching HQ will randomly select at least 500 creators (with geographic distribution) to receive a second Adventure Lab credit. There is no need for users to write in to request a second credit. It is a random selection. 

500 more??????? Our maps are already enough flooded of cheap +1 as it is in most areas.

Why are you not fixing the app including the super requested feature of hidding completed AL and do the integration?Been over a year we are waiting. Listening to your community from time to time would be appreciated.

• Upvote 3
18 hours ago, Lynx Humble said:

500 more??????? Our maps are already enough flooded of cheap +1 as it is in most areas.

Why are you not fixing the app including the super requested feature of hidding completed AL and do the integration?Been over a year we are waiting. Listening to your community from time to time would be appreciated.

+1

On 12/11/2020 at 4:32 PM, Lynx Humble said:

Not around here. Theres only a few within a hundred miles. I just got awarded my second AL credit and according to the email, "We have randomly selected geocachers from those who made their first Adventure public by the stated deadline, and are in locations we are targeting. You were chosen as part of this process."

Considering how few ALs are in this rural area, this made sense to me. I hope the next round of credits will focus on areas that don't have many existing ALs and limit the credits awarded in areas that are already saturated.

ALs-lcoal.jpg

23 hours ago, G0ldNugget said:

Not around here. Theres only a few within a hundred miles.

Yes! I can agree with that! Only, not as extreme. We only have about 6 in our area! More would be great!

On 12/11/2020 at 6:32 PM, Lynx Humble said:

Our maps are already enough flooded of cheap +1

Hmm. All of the ALs in my neck of the woods are very high quality and teach a lot. 

• Upvote 1

Hallo und schöne Weihnachten. Wie kann ich die Einstellungen ändern und  Marketing-E-Mails abonnieren? Das ist wohl der einzige Punkt, den ich nicht erfülle um den Zuschlag für einen LAb-Cache zu erhalten. 

Andere erhalten bereits den zweiten Zuschlag und ich warte hier umsonst. Schade.

Gruß frosch1953

3 hours ago, frosch1953 said:

Hallo und schöne Weihnachten. Wie kann ich die Einstellungen ändern und  Marketing-E-Mails abonnieren? Das ist wohl der einzige Punkt, den ich nicht erfülle um den Zuschlag für einen LAb-Cache zu erhalten. 

Andere erhalten bereits den zweiten Zuschlag und ich warte hier umsonst. Schade.

Gruß frosch1953

Profile / Account Settings / Email Preferences

pref.jpg

Edited by G0ldNugget
On 12/24/2020 at 6:46 AM, frosch1953 said:

Gruß frosch1953

If you would like an Adventure credit, please use the opt-in page to show your interest: https://www.geocaching.com/play/request/adventurelab
We regularly choose from the users that are qualified.