New caches not showing in geocaching app.

DIGGEMUP

I dashed out today hoping to get some first to finds, as I was in a hurry I didn't bother loading the caches to the Garmin, I had a good phone signal & the only way I could see the caches was by selecting an old cache nearby, open in 'browser' view 'larger map'. New caches were then displayed so I found their coordinates & loaded them as a waypoint on the old caches page. Yes I know I should have run a pocket query & loaded them on my Garmin but surely they should have appeared on the official app. Has anyone else suffered a similar problem?

33 minutes ago, ecanderson said:

Were you logged in as 'you' (a premium member) on your phone when you looked?  As I understand it, not only do you not get PM caches as a 'beginner', you only get to see the less difficult ones as well.

That’s a possibility.  Browser View may show them all, the App might not, depending on the account.  Each login is separate, between Apps and Browsers.

1 hour ago, HHL said:

Yes. It's a known issue that the app needs some time for syncing with the database.

Hans

Maybe a couple of hours.  Did the OP just now become a Premium Member today?  Maybe the subscription lapsed.  That was not clear in the Post.  The OP owns a ton of PMO caches, and seems to have found many over the years.

I was thinking it’s a case of two different logins.  Or a bug in the App.

Edited by kunarion

I've been a premium member for the last 10 years (renew every May) & the new caches had been published for around 18 hours. I have had this problem once before but I used to use C-geo app & never had the problem with that. Checked my 'phone today (24 hours after I had the problem) & all the caches are now displayed on the official Geocaching app.

Edited by DIGGEMUP
punctuation error in original