Missing Geocache Directory folder on my Explorist GC

We usually use the Geocaching app on my iPhone to geocache but thought we'd also download caches to our Magellan Explorist GC which we bought in 2011. After spending half the day trying to download my pocket query to it, I realized there are no longer any folders to put the files into .... could that be why they aren't downloading to the GPS? Or any other ideas?

Are you in fact missing the folders "Geocaches" and "Waypoints" in the root of your device, and if so, what happens if you add the missing folders?  Or are you saying that all folders are missing? 

What is your process for "downloading to the GPS"?

There's a Forum thread with a lot of conflicting information (some of which is obsolete).  But here's a post about software versions vs. Windows 10, with a massive confusing rabbit-hole of stuff to read about.  I'm including that link because it may help you decide what the problem might be (in case you're using Windows 10), but may not solve the problem.  The "fix" files may not download, and I'm not advising you to download stuff anyway.  But you might take a look at what other people have tried, and what versions seem to work.  And post what version your Magellan has.

/Volumes/MAGELLAN/
├── APP
│   ├── Awards
│   ├── Backgrounds
│   │   └── 240x320
│   ├── Compass
│   ├── Demo
│   ├── Documents
│   ├── GcAttributes
│   ├── Keyboards
│   ├── Lang
│   ├── Layouts
│   ├── Skins
│   ├── System
│   │   ├── DumpFiles
│   │   ├── DumpFiles.RoundRobin
│   │   │   └── 00000001
│   │   └── ExtraDumpFiles
│   ├── Update
│   ├── imageformats
│   └── mgnShell
├── CustomPOIs
├── Geocaches
├── Images
├── MAP
├── Media
│   ├── Audio
│   ├── Images
│   └── Video
├── Routes
├── SYS
│   └── USBTRANS
├── SpeedTraps
├── Tracks
├── USR
└── Waypoints

Edited by kunarion

I am in fact missing the folders - when I open the Magellan on my computer it is blank, whereas I recall it used to have folders to drag the way points to. How can I add the missing folders? I updated mine to version 1.8 and downloaded 2.15 but it won't let me do that one.

I've used both our PC laptop (I think its Windows 10) and our MC pc with no luck.

On 3/9/2020 at 1:57 PM, MonkeyDucks said:

I am in fact missing the folders - when I open the Magellan on my computer it is blank, whereas I recall it used to have folders to drag the way points to. How can I add the missing folders? I updated mine to version 1.8 and downloaded 2.15 but it won't let me do that one.

I've used both our PC laptop (I think its Windows 10) and our MC pc with no luck.

Try addding the two folders, just like you would on any drive.  "Geocaches" and "Waypoints".  See if that works.