Tapping 'Back' from List View

drdr88

If HHL posted a reply with a workaround suggestion, they've since deleted it - probably in response to your reply.  HHL is a geocacher, just like you.  When you post in the Geocaching Forums, you should expect other community members to participate in the discussion.  For a feature suggestion, it's common for some people to agree with you ("I would like that, too!"), others to disagree with you ("That's a bad idea because...") and others to share other ways to accomplish your goal (i.e., "workarounds").  Workaround suggestions are helpful because it can take quite some time to see new features implemented after the prioritization, design, coding and testing phases.

• Helpful 1

I'm trying to duplicate your screenshot. When I am on the list of lists, my phone back button brings me to the Geocaching map. When I am on a specific list, my phone back button brings me back to the list of lists. If I use it a second time I get the map. In addition, in the specific list there is an app back button at the top left, next to the name of the list. This brings me back the exact same way as the phone back button. 

I don't see that on your screenshot. 

My app version is 8.17.1. Just in case that's helpful.

Screenshot_20200307-224712.png

Edited by Max and 99

The screenshot contains the prompt for the list view I am referring to. The box in the upper right hand corner was accessed by tapping on the three vertical dots. Max and 99, once in this list view and after tapping 'back' to come back out of it, what happens for you?

Screenshot_20200308-000305.png

19 minutes ago, drdr88 said:

I accessed list view from the map itself and not from the menu side bar.

Oh, now I see the sequence! Thank you for that additional information.

Yes, from the List View the back button gets you out of the app instead of to the map. That sequence order is important, so thank you for that! 

What a frustrating bug! I concur that it should be fixed.

• Helpful 1
On 3/8/2020 at 12:29 AM, Max and 99 said:

Oh, now I see the sequence! Thank you for that additional information.

Yes, from the List View the back button gets you out of the app instead of to the map. That sequence order is important, so thank you for that! 

What a frustrating bug! I concur that it should be fixed.

So how does this form work? How do we get some momentum with this?