Message Centre notifications - iPhone

I'm having the opposite problem.  I've got the official app installed on an iphone and on an ipad mini (in case it may have something to do with it).
I'm constantly getting message center notifications from conversations that are days old that I have already accessed several times on both devices in hopes of clearing/letting the app know that I've seen the conversation.  It's gotten so bad that I will look to disable push notifications altogether, but then I may miss messages.

Edited by HoochDog
Delete Large/unnecessary image

I may be having a similar situation, The last two days on my iPhone I get a notification that I have a new message from another cacher, yet when I go to geocaching .com on either 4th phone orf the main computer there is nothing new. I cannot tell what the "new message":is because it goes way.

Nothing that bad, but annoying . I can always look to see if there is  a new message, if not go back to what I was doing.

Similar here.  What I am noticing is that I am getting an e-mail notification right away from my e-mail provider.  The notification for geocaching is not arriving to me until days later. For instance, I got two yahoo notifications on Friday around 14:26 from a user.  I just now Monday around 14:50 got the notification from Geocaching that I had a new message from that user.  Of course I have already read and responded to them on Friday so when I go look for a new message now there is none.  Obviously, because I already read it on Friday.  Major delay in the messaging system that needs to be addressed.