put caches along a route into a list

Marg886

If all you want are cache numbers (GC .....) and/or names of the caches you can simply use a word-processing app or  spreadsheet to enter the info and print it off. You can out them into an order such as starting point first and finaLcache last. 

As long as your phone has the app also you are set. Anything more than that I cannot help.

35 minutes ago, Marg886 said:

I want to load them on my Drive 50 gps.

In your opening post you said "to phone". What do you really want to do? Phone or Garmin. Decide first.

1. Create and save a GPX file of the route. There are several ways to do that. This is one of it:

5586a1b844e5e6b82a102b9e658c68ff.png

2. Open the downloaded GPX file with the GSAK macro "GetCachesOnOSMRoute.gsk". Download the caches to GSAK's database:

7dafbeb9245803d8eeb74932049cb023.png

3a. Add the downloaded caches to a Bookmark list (there is macro for doing it).

3b. Export the caches to your Drive50 unit.

Hans

Edited by HHL

I've just dowloaded caches along your route. Given that you may only want Trads and Virtuals with D3/T2 and a corridor of 5 kms each side - the result is 2361 caches along the route:

e0e3af180ff732e7945a7f4469332dee.png

As a BM list only holds 1000 caches we have to either split the result into three branches for three list, or narrow (filter) the result down by making the corridor smaller or reduce the D/T values. You name it. ;)

Hans