Hide completed adventure in app

xjurasek

Hello @xjurasek

At this time, no. The Adventure product team at HQ is hard at work on new features and capabilities to improve the Adventure Lab app. I have taken note of this suggestion. Thank you for your patience and feedback as we expand our efforts. 

Stay safe and well out there, and Adventure on!

Best,

ktaylor211

• Funny 1
  • Surprised 3

Hi,

there are changed icons after last update and now is map totally unusable in places with many "Adventures". You can see it on attached picture. Its impossible to choose the right "Adventure" or search the new one after notification from application. I know, that I can use "Adventures list" from top menu, but there''s only distance, not direction.

Is possible to add option to "hide completed adventures" or (the better way, but I understand, that difficult) integrate adventure lab with other applications?

PS: I think, that better way to distinguish "Adventures" on map is to use different color for "bubbles". Now there are all "bubbles" green with symbol inside (completed, sequencial, non-sequencial).

Regards,

Petr

adventure_labs.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Helpful 2
  • Love 1

I agree. There should be an option, like in the standard app (Hide found caches). Preferably also "Hide mine".

It would be nice if Adventure Labs could be seen somewhere else, standard site or an other Adventure Labs only site with a map.

Somewhat awkward at times to view the map in the relatively small window of the phone.

yxza

• Upvote 2
On 8/24/2020 at 3:24 AM, xjurasek said:

Hi,

there are changed icons after last update and now is map totally unusable in places with many "Adventures". You can see it on attached picture. Its impossible to choose the right "Adventure" or search the new one after notification from application. I know, that I can use "Adventures list" from top menu, but there''s only distance, not direction.

Is possible to add option to "hide completed adventures" or (the better way, but I understand, that difficult) integrate adventure lab with other applications?

PS: I think, that better way to distinguish "Adventures" on map is to use different color for "bubbles". Now there are all "bubbles" green with symbol inside (completed, sequencial, non-sequencial).

Regards,

Petr

adventure_labs.jpg

I'm glad that my area does not look as crowded as that! ?

• Upvote 1

I attach actual screen from app. Is there anybody, who thinks, that map is usable?

I think that best solution is config option to hide completed adventures or choose color for different types (completed, sequencial, non-sequencial, unfinished). At least use different color for completed adventures (light grey?), maybe some different color for started, but not finished Adventures.

lab.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Helpful 1
On 3/18/2020 at 1:59 PM, ktaylor211 said:

Hello @xjurasek

At this time, no. The Adventure product team at HQ is hard at work on new features and capabilities to improve the Adventure Lab app. I have taken note of this suggestion. Thank you for your patience and feedback as we expand our efforts. 

Stay safe and well out there, and Adventure on!

Best,

ktaylor211

8 months later any update on this highly requested upgrade?

• Upvote 3
1 hour ago, Aguila317 said:

Why don't AL's appear on the maps on the main Gecaching Android App?  They show as a "Mystery" if there is a bonus cache though. 

There is a plan to feature Adventure Labs on the geocaching map, but only the main icon. Each stage individually won't ever show up on the geocaching map and that is "by design". Sadly that's how it is. Currently there are no AL's on the map and the bonus caches you are referencing to, are regular mystery caches and that's why they are visible on the main map.

• Helpful 1
14 minutes ago, HHL said:

Apparently that's what third party API partner apps are for:

Screenshot_20201221-200157.png?raw=1

The red icons are the AdventureLab's postion. The green icons are the Labs itself.

Hans

I was of course talking about the main geocaching map, because that was the topic.

I'm personally currently using GCDroid with the export from the new macro for GSAK, but there are no AL's position shown. Could you provide more details on how you're fetching the data?

Edited by sernikk
mistake
44 minutes ago, sernikk said:

with the export from the new macro for GSAK

There are several macros dealing with LabCaches. Which one are you talking about?

Use the CustomUrl supported by sbeelis for downloading the AdventureLabs coordinates. The resulting GPX is pretty well usable with the LeafletMap.gsk.

The blue dots are the AdventureLabs.

e01def19a1d58471c72e257a1ded820b.png

I'm using a Favorit (similar to CustomUrl in GSAK) in Locus for importing the Adventure's position.

Screenshot_20201223-144641.png?raw=1

Edited by HHL
8 hours ago, HHL said:

Apparently that's what third party API partner apps are for:

Screenshot_20201221-200157.png?raw=1

The red icons are the AdventureLab's postion. The green icons are the Labs itself.

Hans

How are you getting the red icons?  I'm getting the plain "waypoint" dot when importing the GPX from GSAK.

24 minutes ago, JohnCNA said:

I'm getting the plain "waypoint" dot when importing the GPX from GSAK.

The "Red Icons" are not imported from GSAK. They are downloaded from Groundspeak directly.

I've explained the HowTo six posts above yours.

Edited by HHL