Souvenirs for Waymarking

The following is just daydreaming, but I would like to know what you think about it:

Wouldn't it be nice, if we could have souvenirs just like the geocaching community? Of couse there could be regional souvenirs for visiting a waymark in a certain country or state or province. Or souvenirs for special days, for example: For visiting a All Things Star Wars waymark on May, 4th, or visiting a George Washington waymark on George Washington's birthday, or a Love Padlocks waymark on Valentine's Day and so on.

What do you think?

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, elyob said:

I don't think the geographic ones work with Waymarking.  Without travel, many of us have visited all around the world because of Waymarking Multifarious.

I don't get that. Why shouldn't it work? I have 146 geocaching souvenirs. 20 of them are geographic ones for visiting geocaches in Austria, Bavaria (Germany), Bosnia and Herzegovina, Czech Republic, Croatia, Denmark, Germany, France, Hungary, Italy, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Montenegro, Norway, Poland, Slovenia, Slovakia, Sweden, Switzerland and United Kingdom. And that would also be around the number of (geographic) Waymarking souvenirs I would get. Well, I would get some more for visiting WMs in the USA, Belgium, the Netherlands,... where I havent't found a geocache yet, but the number would still be manageable. So, what would be the problem?

Edited by PISA-caching

Ah, now I understand. Well, if I look at the map of my WM finds in my profile, there is also one find in Canada, that is in fact a Photo Goal and I've never been in Canada so far. So, if the map isn't "correct", why do the souvenirs have to be? ;-)

BTW, initially I earned the UK souvenir for visiting the traveling cache https://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC4C35 which was at the Giga-Event in Munich, Germany in 2014. In 2018 we found some geocaches in Scotland and finally I was able to be proud of this souvenir. So, not even the geocaching souvenirs are all perfect.

5 minutes ago, vulture1957 said:

all 15 departments in a day.

Now THAT strikes me as a noble goal. Since becoming ScroogieII I haven't had the desire to post anything. I believe something like that just might inspire me to climb back on the horse again. I should have enough as yet unWMed pix to fill the order, EXCEPT for Animals. Might have to go out and find an Animal Hospital or an Off-Leash Dog Area.

This could actually be fun. :)

Keith

3 hours ago, ScroogieII said:

Now THAT strikes me as a noble goal. Since becoming ScroogieII I haven't had the desire to post anything. I believe something like that just might inspire me to climb back on the horse again. I should have enough as yet unWMed pix to fill the order, EXCEPT for Animals. Might have to go out and find an Animal Hospital or an Off-Leash Dog Area.

This could actually be fun. :)

Keith

then you could try to do this every month! Last day of the month, everyone publishes 15 waymarks!

29 minutes ago, vulture1957 said:

then you could try to do this every month! Last day of the month, everyone publishes 15 waymarks!

Yeah, Right!!! Like that's gonna happen! :(

I've lost access to my most pertinent XL sheets and all my renamed GPS pix, not to mention all of my renamed and categorized pix. I'll be all of this month just preparing for ONE TRY at 15 Departments afore the sun goes down twice. :wacko:

Keith

5 hours ago, vulture1957 said:

badge for posting a waymark every day of a month, every day for 2 months, every day for 6 months, every day for a year.

all 15 departments in a day.

Right now I'm more busy with posting visits than with posting new waymarks and I think that posting that many WMs will decrease the quality. But go ahead.

It is. If I click on "Waymarks I've Visited" I get all the visits I have logged. Then I can filter the ones that I visited in a specific country, if I chose the country at "Limit search to the following country". Or did I misunderstand the task? But if you click on "My Visits" you just get the last 1000 logs (including the "Leave Comment" entries) and you won't be able to perform a filter of any kind.

Edited by PISA-caching

If I look at your profile, I can't see your stats or maps. Maybe it has something to do with that.

Funny: If I look for waymarks I have visited in Oklahoma, I get no results (which is why I have never been there), but if I change the uid parameter to your id (https://www.Waymarking.com/wm/search.aspx?f=1&wo=True&wft=3&uid=32b5057e-ca17-4034-add6-9367887d07f3&s=37&ct=2&st=2) I can see that you visited  4601 waymarks there. Correct?

Edited by PISA-caching
On 3/2/2020 at 11:08 AM, PISA-caching said:

Me too. Any further ideas? How about Fireworks Trees on Jan., 1st? :-) The "International Waymarking Day" (Sept., 8th) also just came to my mind and of course Leap Days.

Eating Pie on Pi Day

Wearing a Mask on Halloween

MLK waymark on MLK Day

Presidential Birthplaces on President's Day

Irish-American Heritage on St Patrick's Day

Veterans Cemeteries on Veterans Day

Show your colors on Flag Day

Spirit of '76 on July 4th