Leap Day website issues

Max and 99

Is anyone else experiencing a very slooooooow site today? Twice I tried to edit two different caches, and it hangs for 15 minutes till I can't take it anymore and exit. Once it saved the changes anyways, the other time it didn't. I'm not having any issues at all with speed on the Waymarking site, just geocaching.

I got the 500 error a couple of times while trying to log some finds last night (Feb. 29); the logs seemed to have posted but I couldn't view the cache page.  Again, this morning (March 1) I got the error, seemingly randomly, but refreshing the page worked.  I'm figuring there was more than the usual activity yesterday, logging of finds, events, etc as it was a souvenir day, and a Saturday to boot.  

Edited by CAVinoGal
  • Upvote 1
On 3/1/2020 at 1:26 AM, Mike Fitz said:

Yes, trying to log the caches from today and getting server 500 issues as usual for any day that generates a lot of logs. Getting a little old for a paid service.

Oh well... back in the olden days we’d exchange hand-written coords by email when the site was down for the weekend. I’m sure I was a premium member back then. Should a smallish company plan for that one special day with souvenir that occurs every 4 years? At least the website mostly did work, even if it needed a bit convincing.

• Funny 1

Yesterday an Error 500 occurred occasionally, today every time. 

So I searched for a while and found the following solution for Chrome, it works so far.

In Google Chrome you can clear the cache and cookies by following the below steps.

1) Press Ctrl + Shift + Delete.

2) You will get a window to clear the browsing data. Ensure that the boxes are checked as in the below screenshot.

3) Click on the button “Clear browsing data”.

I'm still having issues with the site. Only on the Geocaching site, not Waymarking or any other website.

I try to edit a cache and when I hit save it hangs and hangs and hangs. After about 15 minutes I give up, exit, and the changes are made. Usually.

Edited by Max and 99

I've been getting the 500 error periodically for a few days. I logged several caches on Saturday (2/29) and one log submission resulted in an error message. I clicked the back button and the log was posted properly. 

I'll also click on a cache from one of my lists and sometimes get an error. If I click the back button and then the cache link again, I'm taken to the cache page.