Download of "Player Statistics" no longer possible?

baer2006

Hi,

I noticed that I can no longer download the "Player Statistics" for my own Lab Adventure. There used to be two links, for "Completion Statistics" and "Player Statistics", but the latter has vanished into thin air.

If this is a bug (I see the behavior in every browser I use), a fix would be nice. If it's intentional, I'd like to know why it was removed and if an alternative is planned in the near(!) future. As it is now, I have absolutely no way to see who logged my ALC (some players, and essentially all armchair loggers, don't leave a comment).

Regards

baer2006

• Helpful 1

Why did you take it away?  It's nice to see who found the adventure. Not everyone writes a log or finds the bonus so now there is no visibility.  I promoted your product by building an adventure so as a creator I should be able to see who found it just like any other geocache.  I can only hope this is temporary and you are working on making the data easier to view, perhaps by opening a new web page instead of it being a download?  Can we get some feedback on what's going on please?

• Upvote 2

I must say that I'm not really impressed by the total lack of response from Groundspeak on this issue. At the end of last week, I also sent a bug report on the issue via the official contact form, and didn't get any reply (apart from the automated initial confirmation of receipt) so far either.

+1,

I too am missing the details on who visited my ALC. Judging from the numbers logging the ALC log, details from the leaderboard and physical bonus cache that was created for the ALC, there are more people not logging either the ALC log or bonus cache at all than those that do. And I can't tell who these people are that apparently visit the ALC but leave no trace whatsoever . . .

Coincidence or not, today I got a reply from GS on my bug report. Verbatim quote, with personal information stripped:

"Thank you for contacting Geocaching HQ about Adventure Lab.

We recently made some changes to the leaderboard in the Adventure Lab builder.

In an effort to comply with data minimization principles embodied in various worldwide privacy laws, we have removed some of the personal data previously available and downloadable on the leaderboard page.

Thank you for your understanding as we strive to respect the privacy concerns of the global geocaching community."

So it seems that the info will not come back. I wonder what's next? Completely anonymous logging for normal caches as well? Or optional logging, but you get the "find point" anyway (as it is now for ALCs)? So that there is no way to tell who logs my cache as found, without having actually found it (as it is now for ALCs)?

Also, I don't understand the reasoning. Privacy? If you don't want other geocachers to know, where you have been, then simply don't log anything online! And since ALCs are an online-only variation of geocaching, don't do ALCs at all! It's been a basic principle of geocaching for 20 years: Search the cache, find the cache, and tell others about the experience.

• Helpful 1

I have just noted this myself - I too use it for checking who was actually at the locations against those who log it from the comfort of their own armchair 

Despite not being able to delete spurious logs (oh! another flaw) I have relied on writing to spurious loggers and to date have been successful in getting them to delete their own logs - not knowing who has done these now prevents me even doing that

Oh! and privacy !!! I understand what they are getting at, but the logic behind it is ?????
All those that wish to be fully anonymous are so (they tick the boxes about Authorized Developer Authorizations - found in settings) and there are very few who have done that, and I think a few who have seen that section and thought 'yea, I don't want that' (tick in box) not realizing the impact it has on their whole profile - but everybody else, surely they have chosen that their names appear on logs/lists/tables/stats etc. 

• Upvote 1

I wrote in this place some time ago.

( LAB_ Adventures_player_statistics_csv - where they disappeared ? )

OK

On 3/12/2020 at 6:45 PM, baer2006 said:

"In an effort to comply with data minimization principles embodied in various worldwide privacy laws, we have removed some of the personal data previously available and downloadable on the leaderboard page."

In which country is it protected by law fictional nickname?

How do I keep this duty?

7.13. Delete logs

Cache owners may delete geocache logs if they conflict with our Terms of Use Agreement or fail to meet the logging guidelines for their cache type. If you delete a log in error, ask your local reviewer to restore the log, or contact us.

Or does this rule not apply to ALC?
Thus, GS approves (silent) fraud found logs.
This is a new geocaching vision. by GS?

Edited by Condorik
  • Upvote 3