Where's the Leap Day souvenir?

geckoboy49

Thats because somehow they managed to screw up the URL for the pictures. They now link to the picture with:

https://img.geocaching.com%3A443/0f8190c7-c1f6-468b-88b0-c1cc14567140.png

In which they tried to add the unnessary port 443, and fumbled to code the ':' into '%3A'. This of course is totally unnesesary, so the link to the image should be:

https://img.geocaching.com/0f8190c7-c1f6-468b-88b0-c1cc14567140.png

and the big picture should be:

https://img.geocaching.com/1108cad2-791c-43f8-8e2b-687dfa34ac72.png
Edited by Kalkendotters
  • Helpful 1
23 hours ago, geckoboy49 said:

Went out this morning and found some caches to log for the souvenir, but it's just a blank square so far ?? What? Did the day sneak up on Geocaching HQ???

I didn't even get a blank square! Nothing is my souvenir collection for Leap Year 2020 but I'm sure they will correct it soon. It was only a park n grab find, nothing special. Had to make a quick find, too busy right now but wanted that souvenir! 

28 minutes ago, HunterandSamuel said:

I didn't even get a blank square! Nothing is my souvenir collection for Leap Year 2020 but I'm sure they will correct it soon. It was only a park n grab find, nothing special. Had to make a quick find, too busy right now but wanted that souvenir! 

I can't see any log yesterday in your profile...  Did you erase any previous log for February 29th?

3 hours ago, RuideAlmeida said:

I can't see any log yesterday in your profile...  Did you erase any previous log for February 29th?

I just got a message from Max about this! We definitely logged it yesterday, the logged smiley is on the map but our log is not on the cache's activity. Why would this happen? I can send you the photo of our smiley on the map, the name of the cache, etc and if you look, our log is not in the cache's activity but the smiley is on the map. I can also drive down to the cache and take a photo of our signature on the log? 

2 minutes ago, HunterandSamuel said:

I just got a message from Max about this! We definitely logged it yesterday, the logged smiley is on the map but our log is not on the cache's activity. Why would this happen? I can send you the photo of our smiley on the map, the name of the cache, etc and if you look, our log is not in the cache's activity but the smiley is on the map. I can also drive down to the cache and take a photo of our signature on the log? 

Did you log it on a phone app or on the website? If you used an app to log it, it might not have been passed correctly to the servers, particularly as there have been all sorts of issues with error 500s (generic server error) over the last couple of days.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, barefootjeff said:

Did you log it on a phone app or on the website? If you used an app to log it, it might not have been passed correctly to the servers, particularly as there have been all sorts of issues with error 500s (generic server error) over the last couple of days.

Considering all the investigating I've done, this sounds like the best explanation yet! Especially considering that the "Found" is no longer an option on the app, so at one point it was used.

• Upvote 1
39 minutes ago, barefootjeff said:

Phone app.  I finally got the Leap Year souvenir! Yay! I had to go into browser on my cell and log it again. It's a nice one. I'll take a photo. 

1 hour ago, HunterandSamuel said:

We can no longer log a found on the app? Thanks for the investigation and your help! 

Correct. The screenshot you sent me only showed Options for DNF and Note. Which makes sense since the Smiley was showing on the App. The app knew you already logged a Found on the cache, so Found was no longer an option. 

Glad you got the souvenir!

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

Correct. The screenshot you sent me only showed Options for DNF and Note. Which makes sense since the Smiley was showing on the App. The app knew you already logged a Found on the cache, so Found was no longer an option. 

Glad you got the souvenir!

What a headache! To not get this special souvenir that only comes  every 4 years but to worry that others would think I'm not being truthful. But it all worked out!