Broken souvenir image URL

The A-Team

The URL for the Leap Day 2020 thumbnail seems to have suffered from the same recent issue that affected some user image uploads. The URL for this image is currently:

https://img.geocaching.com%3A443/0f8190c7-c1f6-468b-88b0-c1cc14567140.png

The extra "%3A443" stops it from displaying and will need to be removed.

While this is being fixed, there are also two Mega events happening tomorrow (Feb 29), so it might be a good idea to check the URLs for those souvenirs in case they have the same issue.

Edit to add: I just realized that the full-size souvenir image has the same problem.

Edited by The A-Team
  • Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1

I just got the Leap Day souvenir & all I got was a box with a blob in one corner!  But glad to find it is not just me with what I take to be a glitch that is perhaps site wide.  Presume the techies out there will have to do a general fix for this - I would have no idea where to start fiddling around with URLs.  A Leap of Faith?  A Leap into the Unknown?

21 minutes ago, steben6 said:

Obvious problem with the image, but mine is also showing that it was earned on 2/28.  I logged my cache on 2/29 (Leap Day).  No way to fix that?

That's an odd problem considering the entire purpose of the souvenir was for finds on February 29! That is a pretty design, though!  I hope they add the artist name back in.

Yes, the Leap Day souvenir images have been fixed.

However, I see now that the CITO 2020 Season 1 souvenir has the same problem. Someone at HQ will need to do a search on the image database to find all of the broken URLs, because this clearly wasn't an isolated incident.

• Helpful 1